Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 17, 2024, 10:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[img] vs. [imgfit] vs. [img width=# height=#]
[img] vs. [imgfit] vs. [img width=# height=#]
I know [img] is a thing on AF.

I know [imgfit] is a thing on AF.

Is [img width=# height=#] a thing?

Occasionally I'l run across a picture I want to post and it's really big, but not so big as to require the [imgfit] tags. I just want it to be a little smaller, by like 75%, so the whole pic can be viewed on the screen without have to scroll, or I want it to be ~400 pixels in width or so...

Does the forum support that kind of coding? If so, what is the proper coding (because I know what I have above doesn't work)? If not, bummer.
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
RE: [img] vs. [imgfit] vs. [img width=# height=#]
I think this is what you're looking for maybe:

[Image: php.gif]

Taken from:

http://atheistforums.org/misc.php?action=help&hid=7

wait, no, not that picture. That's the example.

This:

[img=50x50](image address)[/img]
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
How can you find out the size of an image while on a phone? Also what's considered big and what's considered a good size? I just use imgfit every time but it would be nice to know.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
(February 26, 2015 at 1:47 pm)Exian Wrote: How can you find out the size of an image while on a phone? Also what's considered big and what's considered a good size? I just use imgfit every time but it would be nice to know.

The imgfit took Dar to sacrifice two goats at midnight in a full moon, IIRC.

The issue here is the device, mainly PC's, old ones mostly, have lower resolution maximum than some pictures. Strange voodoo apart MyBB (our version of it), inflates the whole post, hiding some buttons to said users.

So, it is relative to the device, imgfit does format the picture according to the users needs, better use that.

Just hang tight, we know the forum needs improvement.
(February 26, 2015 at 1:06 pm)TRJF Wrote: I think this is what you're looking for maybe:

[Image: php.gif]

Taken from:

http://atheistforums.org/misc.php?action=help&hid=7

[Image: post-1816-Say-hello-to-my-little-pony-me-jvBL.jpeg]
[Image: post-1816-Say-hello-to-my-little-pony-me-jvBL.jpeg]

Awesome, thanks!!

(February 26, 2015 at 1:47 pm)Exian Wrote: How can you find out the size of an image while on a phone? Also what's considered big and what's considered a good size? I just use imgfit every time but it would be nice to know.

I don't know if there's a hard and fast "rule" about img size on the forums, but my guess would be that 400 pixels wide would be a reasonable size. For example, the large image above (I'm guessing, based on my resized image below it) is probably around 600 pixels wide. The resized one I made 200 wide and I played around with the height and post-preview until the proportion looked about right.

I played around a little with trying "percentages" in the WxH numbers and couldn't get it to work, so it looks like you have to choose a specific pixel size.

Don't know about sizes from a phone...
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
Whoah, cool. Yet more stuff to fuck with accommodate my reader's needs.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Even I had no idea we could do that.

Good find lady's and gents.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
Glad I asked the question, then Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's happening with the img tags? account_inactive 7 1889 August 3, 2016 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  Siggy width limit? houseofcantor 7 2111 January 30, 2014 at 12:46 am
Last Post: houseofcantor