Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Nutters Are Declining Rapidly
The Nutters Are Declining Rapidly
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/26...f=religion

Quote:The United States has long been a majority-Christian country, but it is by no means religiously static. In 2007, Pew Research found the religiously unaffiliated to be the second-largest religious group in the country, at 16 percent of the population.

As of 2014, the religiously unaffiliated now make up 22 percent of the American population, according to the new American Values Atlas from Public Religion Research Institute (PRRI).

"The U.S. religious landscape is undergoing a dramatic transformation that is fundamentally reshaping American politics and culture," PRRI researcher Dan Cox told The Huffington Post.

Though the U.S. is still a Christian-majority country, Cox mused, how much longer will it remain so and what might be on the horizon?
RE: The Nutters Are Declining Rapidly
With luck, not long. I hope my grand kids will see a majority religiously unaffiliated country. More likely, my great grand kids will (my kids are in their late teens).
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
I don't know, dear.

Lots of old bastards and empty seats. What's the tipping point where it isn't worth turning on the lights any more?
(February 27, 2015 at 12:44 am)Minimalist Wrote: I don't know, dear.

Lots of old bastards and empty seats. What's the tipping point where it isn't worth turning on the lights any more?

I hope you're right.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
It was 2nd at 16%, where's it at after gaining 6 points? How big is that gulf?
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
Hope springs eternal...
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
Everytime an old bible thumper dies and atheist smiles.
“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
Epicurus
"...any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind..."
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
Not in our lifetime. But in the next couple hundred years, hopefully.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
One can dream...

I hope monotheism vanishes like polytheism did. The disappearance of organised religion would make the world a better place.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is religion declining? TheMessiah 14 2754 February 9, 2015 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: dyresand