Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 5:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MH370 did NOT disappear. OP/ED
MH370 did NOT disappear. OP/ED
RationalPoet......OP/ED..........NO MH370 DID NOT "Disappear". I really fucking hate humans when there is a lack of an answer as to what happened, jumping to conspiracies and magic. Not finding it only means we have not found it. The parts of the plane and the people on it did not magically evaporate. Just like for a long time we could not find the Titanic. We may never find that plane, but that does not mean it there was a magical supernatural power that made it go away.
RE: MH370 did NOT disappear. OP/ED
It HAS disappeared due to it's lack of appearance. It won't be considered disappeared once it makes it's appearance again Tongue
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

(March 6, 2015 at 8:54 am)Brian37 Wrote: RationalPoet......OP/ED..........NO MH370 DID NOT "Disappear". I really fucking hate humans when there is a lack of an answer as to what happened, jumping to conspiracies and magic. Not finding it only means we have not found it. The parts of the plane and the people on it did not magically evaporate. Just like for a long time we could not find the Titanic. We may never find that plane, but that does not mean it there was a magical supernatural power that made it go away.

<hides wand>
"The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions" - Leonardo da Vinci

"I think I use the term “radical” rather loosely, just for emphasis. If you describe yourself as “atheist,” some people will say, “Don’t you mean ‘agnostic’?” I have to reply that I really do mean atheist, I really do not believe that there is a god; in fact, I am convinced that there is not a god (a subtle difference). I see not a shred of evidence to suggest that there is one ... etc., etc. It’s easier to say that I am a radical atheist, just to signal that I really mean it, have thought about it a great deal, and that it’s an opinion I hold seriously." - Douglas Adams (and I echo the sentiment)
(March 6, 2015 at 9:06 am)Aoi Magi Wrote: It HAS disappeared due to it's lack of appearance. It won't be considered disappeared once it makes it's appearance again Tongue

This isn't just pedantic on my part. Bad logic is why morons cant accept Oswald acting alone, and stupid crap like the Bermuda Triangle, crop circles, faked moon landing, 9/11 conspiracies.

We know enough, be it deliberate or mechanical or pilot error, that the plane went off course and ran out of fuel and crashed. What it did not do is magically disappear. Otherwise we might as well claim pixies and unicorns and flying monkeys stole it and are hiding it.
(March 6, 2015 at 8:54 am)Brian37 Wrote: We may never find that plane, but that does not mean it there was a magical supernatural power that made it go away.

Look at all the bullshit whoo still surrounding flight 19. Although the only thing that happened was a crap flight commander leading them astray to crash into the open ocean.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Oswald didn't act alone.

<grabs helmet, runs for cover>

(March 6, 2015 at 1:36 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: Oswald didn't act alone.

<grabs helmet, runs for cover>

Yes he did. This is the same type of conspiracy garbage people swallow about 9/11. The government is not made up of one party, and law enforcement, meaning many different ones, were in on both investigations full of people from both political ideologies . For a conspiracy of that magnitude to work you would literally have to become North Korea.

When you serve in things like the CIA, FBI and Homeland Security, they vet you and craw up your ass with a microscope. The amount of people involved with that investigation would have made it impossible to cover up. Oswald acted alone and 9/11 was not an inside job.

Humans don't like feeling vulnerable so when they get a sucker punch, rather than accepting that mundane reality the concoct conspiracies to avoid that mundane reality.

Oswald was a result of him slipping through the net and the Secret Service assuming the current protocol was enough. Not to mention JFK chose to ride in that open vehicle. Oswlald had actually made an attempt on his real target, a military officer prior. They did not link him to that until after JFK. He was a lone nut trying to make a name for himself because his own personal life sucked. It is why he made the attempt to live in Russia but was also rebuffed by them. Oswald was a nobody who wanted to become a somebody.
(March 6, 2015 at 5:20 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Yes he did. This is the same type of conspiracy garbage people swallow about 9/11. The government is not made up of one party, and law enforcement, meaning many different ones, were in on both investigations full of people from both political ideologies . For a conspiracy of that magnitude to work you would literally have to become North Korea.

The 9/11 truther shitpile is much larger than the one surrounding Kennedy. It's at least imagineable that the mafia or some service put out a hit on one person. Even if he's president. You don't need many people for that.

But the 9/11 shit speaks of a conspiracy of gigantic dimensions. Thousands of people would be needed to willingly cooperate in an attack on their own country and fellow citizens. And, to top it off, none of these people leaked the message.

You really have to be insulated with tinfoil to believe something like that.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
It sank in the ocean.

Many things that do thereby disappear.
I'm pretty sure it did disappear.

Otherwise, we wouldn't be searching for it.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell