Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 12:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inhumane / Christian Orthodoxy
Inhumane / Christian Orthodoxy
http://ziuadecj.realitatea.net/religie/6...15736.html

There's a video there to watch, and some pictures below the video. The news is from 2013, but such things still apply to this day.

I'm gonna translate the talking within the video, below:

"
REPORTER (narrator): Some pilgrims have set their tents around the monastery, while others have slept under the clear sky, in the court of the place of worship. Most of them have come to touch the icon of the Mother of the Lord, about which it is said that it does miracles.
REPORTER: Did you go to kiss the icon?
WOMAN: Yes. I did.
REPORTER: How did you feel afterwards, better?
WOMAN: Very good! Very good!
MAN: I can feel an enormous warmth and peace. But now what I have felt is... a fulfillment...
OLD WOMAN: I have not reached the icon. Because I cannot go cause I'm weak.
REPORTER: Where have you come from?
CHILD: From the Agreas commune. (i.e. it's something like a village), the Bistrita-Nasaud county.
REPORTER: Okay, so why did you come?
CHILD: To see how beautiful it is here, for the good father to see me... to... to be beautiful.
REPORTER (narrator): Many parishioners had required medical assistance. Some have felt ill because they kept black fast (i.e. abstinence from all food), others have wounded themselves while encircling the church, as they were walking on their knees.
MEDICAL PERSONNEL: More than a hundred situations, many cases of faintness caused by the fasting. There had been, we've had some cardiacs, many hypertensive crisis, many biliary dyskinesia, countless wounds...
REPORTER (narrator): Today's Liturgy had been officiated by the Metropolitan (i.e. Eastern Church: the head of an ecclesiastical province) of Cluj, Andrei Avricut.
PRIEST: The dozens of thousands of christians, all come with trust, with hope, that God will help us through the prayers of the Mother of the Lord...
REPORTER (narrator): After the service, the monastery offered the believers 16 thousands of "sarmale" (some traditional romanian food)."

(discussions about the food)

250 of gendarmes have assured the safety in these days, and no incidents had occurred.
"

So much for a CHRISTIAN tradition, no? Something that humiliates people into making them walk on their knees and elbows, surrounding the church / monastery like this, in order for them to be allowed to enter within and kiss a "miracle working" icon, which actually makes the people "feel good" that they kissed it (perhaps because of their retarded enthusiasm). And all this "holy" tradition the Church holds to with so much devotion also ensures & allows people to get wounded during their rituals, so much that they need medical care. And it's even more offending when you see that the Orthodox Church wages a crusade against anyone who would dare say that their dogma should not be preached compulsory to all children of vulnerable ages, if the parents of those children refuse that kind of "education" of the Church.
RE: Inhumane / Christian Orthodoxy
Thanks for sharing and that is really horrible.... truly and utterly horrible....
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christian Orthodoxy's proof of love and justice Zenith 0 778 March 6, 2015 at 4:04 pm
Last Post: Zenith