Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who knows?
Who knows?
Anyone know anything about Matlab or facial/body recogition software. Free resources, programming, etc?
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
RE: Who knows?
I know some Matlab, but not any recognition software.

I'll assume by your last two requests you mean free resources for learning to program? It depends on the language.
I mean free resources for compilated use of matlab in human recognition, or any other compilr. I want to start a project and I just can't believe it's not been done yet, and can find very little on it.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

Not sure then.
Well I think mathlab takes c++ inputs , but I need a math compiler to take inventory of anatomy and features. It would be nice if it worked lke a motion capture device for videos as well also for 3d rendering.

Does this project have anything to do with 3D modelling of faces for authentication? If so, I know someone who is doing a similar project for his dissertation.
not for authentication, but identification of features and classification. I don't need info on anything as detailed as Spatiotemporal pattern recognition in 3d or anything. Just 2d basic human physiology recognition.

Are you into phrenology by any chance?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

no this is not related to phrenology, it has everything to do wth science.. well mostly..

Try openCV by Intel. There was an article on slashdot for employing full face/body recognition in the chkdk package for a canon camera.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who knows much about Linux? TaraJo 11 2572 December 4, 2012 at 10:34 am
Last Post: Tiberius