Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 10:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm Choppie
I'm Choppie
Hello, there!

I am an atheist. If there was a number line from one to seven, where one was absolute theist, and seven an absolute atheist, I would say I am a six. The reason being - those who are either one or seven think so strongly that they are right, they will not change in the face of evidence. Therefore, being either one or seven is illogical, and one can't be illogical if they are to uphold or challenge the ideas of atheism/theism.

- Choppie.
Student of BSc Computer Science
Oxford Brookes University
RE: I'm Choppie
Welcome to the forums Choppie, have fun!

p.s. You could always be a 6.9 though, it doesn't have to be integer, you know Smile

chop chop!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

WelcomeFSM Grin

Badger
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
(March 11, 2015 at 12:02 pm)Alex K Wrote: Welcome to the forums Choppie, have fun!

p.s. You could always be a 6.9 though, it doesn't have to be integer, you know Smile

chop chop!

Ah, very good point! However, I must be careful with .9s, as if they recur, I become a 7!
(I apologise sincerely for the appalling maths joke)

(March 11, 2015 at 12:03 pm)TRJF Wrote: WelcomeFSM Grin

Badger

Thank you!
(Mushroom, MUSHROOM!)
Welcome!

(March 11, 2015 at 12:01 pm)Choppie Wrote: I am an atheist.

Huh? An atheist? On Atheist Forums? Weird. You sure you're in the right place?
(March 11, 2015 at 12:14 pm)Norman Humann Wrote: Welcome!

(March 11, 2015 at 12:01 pm)Choppie Wrote: I am an atheist.

Huh? An atheist? On Atheist Forums? Weird. You sure you're in the right place?

Well, I saw this place first, but I found it a bit too liberal Wink
Welcome Choppie! Big Grin
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
(March 11, 2015 at 12:06 pm)Choppie Wrote: Ah, very good point! However, I must be careful with .9s, as if they recur, I become a 7!
(I apologise sincerely for the appalling maths joke)

You never have to apologize for maths jokes with me... Physics jokes on the other hand... Wink
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Welcome Choppie!

I'm about a 6.9 atheist on your scale, with a few repeats, but not to infinity, unless it's the Christian god.

Stick around. Find a pet theist to play with. Careful though - some are not housebroken and leave all sorts of messes around the place.
Welcome!
QuarkDriven  
   KCCO
North NJ l USA l Earth
Milky Way l The Universe