Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 10:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Better Solution Than Some Fucking God
A Better Solution Than Some Fucking God
http://news.sciencemag.org/biology/2015/...-conundrum

Quote:Researchers may have solved origin-of-life conundrum

Quote:Sutherland’s team argues that early Earth was a favorable setting for those reactions. HCN is abundant in comets, which rained down steadily for nearly the first several hundred million years of Earth’s history. The impacts would also have produced enough energy to synthesize HCN from hydrogen, carbon, and nitrogen. Likewise, Sutherland says, H2S was thought to have been common on early Earth, as was the UV radiation that could drive the reactions and metal-containing minerals that could have catalyzed them.

And against this what have the creatards got? Just the fucking bible.
RE: A Better Solution Than Some Fucking God
The Creationist model is simple: God did it.
I swear, if we could see another universe, one in which there was no life at all, they would point to it and say, "God did it!" What an empty model.
It is very important not to mistake hemlock for parsley, but to believe or not believe in God is not important at all. - Denis Diderot

We are the United States of Amnesia, we learn nothing because we remember nothing. - Gore Vidal
RE: A Better Solution Than Some Fucking God
(March 18, 2015 at 6:25 pm)Minimalist Wrote: And against this what have the creatards got? Just the fucking bible.

Well, the advantage of the Bible is that is saves all that tedious thinking.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Well the universe is dying... slowly... fucking entropy... dyresand 19 5022 September 14, 2015 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  While The Christards Dream of Fucking Jesus Minimalist 0 682 July 11, 2015 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Minimalist