Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A matter of great urgency
A matter of great urgency
Recently this was in my local paper. Please read it and think, and help me to devise some kind of response, as these people are such morons that something has to be done.

link to article: [url]http://redoubtreporter.wordpress.com/2010/03/17/%e2%80%98something-horrible-going-on%e2%80%99-%e2%80%94-rally-takes-government-to-task/
[/url]
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys" - P.J. O'Rourke

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"Nothing succeeds like the appearance of success." - Christopher Lasch

RE: A matter of great urgency
You want a response to the effect that idiots should not be idiots?

You are asking way too much.

Personally I think the lunatic right should be encouraged to be as nutty as possible. It will help normal people in the next election.
But the problem with that is that atround here those are normal people.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys" - P.J. O'Rourke

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

(March 23, 2010 at 9:09 pm)theblindferrengi Wrote: But the problem with that is that atround here those are normal people.

^ Sadly... true. Alaska is the state that elected Palin as Governor after all...

I'm not sure which is worse... Alaska or Texas :S

Anyway...

Quote:“I know how all of you feel. I know why you’re here. You feel like there’s something horrible going on and you can’t quite put your finger on what it is, but you know it’s there, you feel helpless to stop it and you feel frustrated because the only thing that you can do is beg a tyrant to be a better kind of tyrant,” said Schaeffer Cox, of Fairbanks. Cox is a leader of the Second Amendment Task Force in Alaska and helped form a militia group in Fairbanks, the Alaska Peacemakers Militia.

^ Makes so many assumptions I'm somewhat intrigued that he functions. I don't see how a logical response could by itself break through the stupidity presented by the very first portion (And carried all the way through)... so far as responses go it can't be entirely logically based... and try to keep your response somewhat dumbed down if you can, as most people here (being Alaska) wouldn't likely understand many words as 'advanced' or 'complicated' as those you use in everyday speech.

Write the article as though you were trying to communicate with "The average third grader", but don't be condescending (however deserving such idiocy is of such)... as that'll only piss them off. And pissed off third graders aren't likely to listen to rationally devised sentences... and will likely believe themselves to be right whatever rebuttals you make :S
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
I am putting together a response that expresses how messed up they are, using irrationalle that those people would be sympathetic to. Any logical reasoning would be immediately branded as evil by these people, so the response has to seem to come from one of their sympathizers.

(March 24, 2010 at 12:37 am)theblindferrengi Wrote: I am putting together a response that expresses how messed up they are, using irrationalle that those people would be sympathetic to. Any logical reasoning would be immediately branded as evil by these people, so the response has to seem to come from one of their sympathizers.

Um,these are American idiots? Sorry,too busy; still laughing about the US health care reforms.

Besides, we have more than enough of our own idiots, many of whom hold elected office.Cool Shades
(March 23, 2010 at 9:09 pm)theblindferrengi Wrote: But the problem with that is that atround here those are normal people.

You're screwed.
They are being active because of Obamacare passing, on their website they list things they define as 'acts of war', and 'being forced to get medical anything' is an act of war according to them.

http://alaskacitizensmilitia.com/5.html

Amendum:

Do please pick the article apart with the usual efficiency that things such as this are picked apart in places such as this. Smile