Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 10:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More about the me
More about the me
Me, as in me, not as in you, but as in me me, you know me: Sionnach.

Yeah, so moving on.

Wink Shades

I have been drinking alcohol tonight, so you can expect the full disclosure, or something similar.

I am too lazy to search for my reintroduction thread for any who may be wondering about my personal belief system. You are shit out of luck in that regard.

This thread is not about religion.

Shocker, I know, since that is all I ever seem to have an opinion regarding.

First and foremost, I am gay. No, that is not a religious concern. Religion merely makes it one. Yes, I am gay and proud and out. I have never been with a woman sexually, ever. I have never once felt a sexual feeling toward a woman. There is nothing about the female body that excites me. The male body does absolutely everything for my sexual drive.

I am a writer. I have written a book that was to be the first in a trilogy. I wrote it well, I think, but the public thought otherwise. I have the second book written but never published because the first did not do so well. I am not giving up on my writing. I just think I need to find a new direction.

I love to jog. I was never much into physical fitness until high school when we were required to jog a mile for our class grade. I loved it and I joined the cross country team as well as the track team. I still jog to this day, running as much as ten miles in one day.

I find it hard to relate to other people. I try, but they never make it any easier. Of course, working in the customer service business I suppose an attempt to relate is automatically made harder by the fact that there is a separation of understanding. It's them I'm right and me having to swallow my ego for the sake of a delusion.

Swallowing my ego is something I am not very good at doing. I try to pride myself in being quite stoic, because smiling is foreign to me, and I try to remain emotionless in facial appearance while altering my voice to alleviate any sense that I am less than honest and helpful.

Tiger

The End

You may now express your disappointment.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: More about the me
Oh my! And here I was assuming you were a woman. Guess I got it right about not desiring a female body. Can't say disappointment is my reaction. Just surprise.

Though it's odd. I know men who claim they can't assess the attractiveness of other men. I find that hard to believe. I'm very hetero, but I can see the sexiness in a female body. It's just the genitalia that turn me off in a woman. Oh and a lack of a certain "otherness" I like in men.

Anyways, I've always liked your posts, and I doubt the disclosures will change that.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
You had me at alcohol Big Grin Wink Shades
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Not to burst your jogging bubble, but they say too much jogging is really bad for you.

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-31095384

Some say it is worse than not working out at all
Everything is bad for you nowadays depending on what study you read.
(March 20, 2015 at 12:30 am)Drich Wrote: Not to burst your jogging bubble, but they say too much jogging is really bad for you.

Moderation isn't just something I do to your posts.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
I don't know what I'm supposed to be disappointed about Smile Thanks for sharing!
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Well I'm new here, Yeah I know... everyone knows that by now. But I can already tell that I like you. I look forward to reading your posts.
I have to say, it is totally true about gay men being best friends with a woman. I had a very close friend, 20 years ago, who was the editor of the Baltimore Gay Paper. He was awesome. He was also my Lamaze coach while I was pregnant with my oldest. He helped me land a job as a waitress in a gay bar too. Not that any of this really matters, as I see people as people.
Anywho, I see no reason to be disappointed with you. Keep on writing! I write too. I just don't have the guts to have anything actually published. I also have ADHD, so nothing I've written is actually finished Big Grin Ahh well. Maybe someday.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Quote:You may now express your disappointment.

Oh, well, that was a letdown... I expected tits and wine, and instead got a gay confession.

No just kidding, I went in with no expectations and my expectations were fully met.

Kidding, kidding, nice to hear some more 'bout you. I think having success as a writer only partly depends on how well you write or how good a book is. It's also the exposure you get, the tastes of the audience that gets to see it, i.e. to whom it is marketed, whether the topic fits with the zeitgeist... So keep writing. Do you have something like a writers group to discuss texts etc.?

I was wondering though, whether that
Quote:I find it hard to relate to other people.

and that
Quote:because smiling is foreign to me, and I try to remain emotionless in facial appearance while altering my voice

might be related...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Cool. I'd tell you more about me in return, but currently I'm in denial. Undecided

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Survey says! If you use more emojis than the norm, you think about sex more *Deidre* 28 5618 January 12, 2016 at 11:00 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet