Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 4:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Judaism is default Christianity
Judaism is default Christianity
I got into a little debate on Livejournal about hell which stemmed from a comment someone made that was basically the "If you're gay, you go to hell, but I think you're a good person".

I ended up taking someone to task for this statement and I got Pascal Wagered! I brought up the "Which religion?" rebuke for Pascal's and this is the response I got:

Quote:1) Actually the God of Islam is the same as the God of Judaism and thus by default Christianity. Hence why the Muslims considered Jews to be "fellow peoples of the book" (I'm not saying that's how it is now, mind you, I'm saying in the original days of the religion).

I've heard people say a lot of really dumb shit, especially when it's a Christian who doesn't really know much about their own religion....but yeah. This one was a first.

I think my Jewish friends would have something to say about this. :/
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
RE: Judaism is default Christianity
Well, technically, from what I've heard Allah is supposed to, in theory, be the same God as the Christian God, and Hashem of Judaism. However, there are enough differences in the backstory of Islam for Christians to reject that idea (since in Islam, Jesus didn't die on the cross not because he's God, but because he had a lookalike die in his stead so he could ascend to heaven.)
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
RE: Judaism is default Christianity
This person didn't say just that they believed in the same monotheistic God from the same origins, he said that because of that, Jews and Islam's are default Christian. Remember, this is stemming from a convo where if you don't believe in JESUS you go to hell.
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report