Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum Migration Issues / Bugs
Forum Migration Issues / Bugs
Hi everyone,

Firstly, I'd like to apologise for the somewhat less than ideal migration from the old server to the new server. Unfortunately although we planned ahead and even did a dummy upgrade on another site, the old open source saying "many eyes make all bugs shallow" seems to apply. In hindsight (what a wonderful thing) we should have given the community access to the dummy site to test for bugs.

I've been slightly overwhelmed by the number of issues that seem to have cropped up since we made the official migration, and my original thought was that I'd be able to keep track of them in the previous announcement thread as I honestly didn't expect many of them. Clearly I was wrong, so I've created a new temporary bug reports forum where people can start a new thread per bug. All discussion relating to the bug will then take place in that thread, and once people confirm it is fixed, I can close the thread.

The forum can be found here: http://atheistforums.org/forum-69.html

Please start creating bug reports in that forum, but I'd appreciate it if everyone checks the forum first to see if a duplicate issue has already been posted.

Thanks for sticking with us so far!

- Tiberius
RE: Forum Migration Issues / Bugs
Kudos!

[Image: jknyd.jpg]via Imgflip Meme Maker
They are not bugs, they are undocumented features Smile
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

^^-- LOL
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
Thanks Tiberius! Heart
[Image: dc52deee8e6b07186c04ff66a45fd204.jpg]
Where should we check for duplicates? In the forum migration update thread?
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(March 31, 2015 at 5:20 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote: Where should we check for duplicates?  In the forum migration update thread?

No, in the Bug Reports forum. If you don't see a bug there, please add a new thread for it, even if it has been reported in the forum migration thread.
So everything is pretty much good except that I get a shoutbox graphics glitch where I just see people's icons that go all the way down the screen, including obscuring some of the forum topics.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
(April 16, 2015 at 11:45 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: So everything is pretty much good except that I get a shoutbox graphics glitch where I just see people's icons that go all the way down the screen, including obscuring some of the forum topics.

Ctrl-F5 should fix that Great
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Bugs ?

I think not, more likely a THEIST PLOT !!!!

We need to purify the movement !!!!!

Cranky
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Forum Migration Update Tiberius 174 25187 May 12, 2015 at 12:18 am
Last Post: Napoléon
  Forum Migration Tiberius 54 8070 April 2, 2015 at 7:32 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Forum Migration, Changes, and Other Stuff Tiberius 6 3158 February 27, 2012 at 4:28 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Server Issues Tiberius 39 13021 March 31, 2011 at 8:33 am
Last Post: reverendjeremiah