Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 2:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is christianity a "Blood Cult"
Why is christianity a "Blood Cult"
What is with the jewish/christian fascination with bodily fluids? A google search shows that it is mentioned about 415 times in the bible. Christians are pushed to drink blood colored liquids to remind them of christ's blood, not his image, not his teachings and not his bones.

We know all about blood today. We know it sucks as a cleaning agent and won't wash shit. It works best ferrying oxygen, metabolites, and wastes to the body, no magic involved.

Why were sacrificial rites filled with blood directives?

Why does the god of the old testament think like a bronze age cave man? I wonder???

In honor of our late friend DRICH,

ROFLOL
Find the cure for Fundementia!
RE: Why is christianity a "Blood Cult"
Well coming from the same people who drink camel's blood even still to this day its no wonder why they say drink the saviors blood. Bleh....
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
I see you are a cult leader of Alice. You don't have to drink Alice's blood do you?
We do not drink of the blood. We drink of the alcohol and play board games and strip poker. Big Grin

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(Just speaking for myself)

I'm comforted knowing that even now, over 35 years later, there would still be some atoms incorporated in my being that were once in Doyle Duane, and I am equally discomforted knowing I do not share that commonality with Brian.

Granted my experience with these men is not religious, but rather emotional, but while they are both frequently in my thoughts, it is somewhat distressing to me that not even a particle of Brian continues on in me the way it does with Duane.

For folks sincerely religious, I'd posit they have a religiously similar experience with their supposed smoke and mirror transubstantiation with Jesus. I'd say my experience with Duane is a little more real, if I wanted to, with just a few assumptions and a little session with a pocket calculator I could make an estimate of how many atoms of Duane are still extant in myself.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(April 4, 2015 at 12:24 am)Brakeman Wrote: What is with the jewish/christian fascination with bodily fluids? A google search shows that it is mentioned about 415 times in the bible. Christians are pushed to drink blood colored liquids to remind them of christ's blood, not his image, not his teachings and not his bones.

We know all about blood today. We know it sucks as a cleaning agent and won't wash shit. It works best ferrying oxygen, metabolites, and wastes to the body, no magic involved.

Why does the god of the old testament think like a bronze age cave man? I wonder???

I think it is safe to say that the people who wrote the Bible knew that blood sucked as a cleaning agent.  All it would take is trying it one time and one would learn pretty fast that it does not gets one's clothes clean.

It has to do with ancient animal (and human) sacrifice.  What we have are traces of older practices and beliefs imbedded in "modern" Christianity.  Of course, in the Bible, there are the actual animal sacrifices, as parts of it are very old and go back to an era in which such things were commonly practiced.

Maybe someone with a better background in history can say more, but I don't think we really understand the origins of the practice, as it seems to go back into prehistory.  It seems to be pretty universal, to all places of the world in which ancient people lived.  So this isn't just a Judeo-Christian thing.  It is found in Hinduism and many, many other ancient traditions.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
(April 4, 2015 at 1:30 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: (Just speaking for myself)

I'm comforted knowing that even now, over 35 years later, there would still be some atoms incorporated in my being that were once in Doyle Duane, and I am equally discomforted knowing I do not share that commonality with Brian.

Granted my experience with these men is not religious, but rather emotional, but while they are both frequently in my thoughts, it is somewhat distressing to me that not even a particle of Brian continues on in me the way it does with Duane.

For folks sincerely religious, I'd posit they have a religiously similar experience with their supposed smoke and mirror transubstantiation with Jesus.  I'd say my experience with Duane is a little more real, if I wanted to, with just a few assumptions and a little session with a pocket calculator I could make an estimate of how many atoms of Duane are still extant in myself.

Death doesn't bother me i'll be around. Big Grin 
Just the atoms and molecules of my mind would disperse and be floating around somewhere.  Angel

Code:
Why would a god be pleased with men senselessly killing other creatures?

What would be the pleasing feature of dribbling blood over a hearth that would be important to a god?

Why don't christians drink jesus' piss in remembrance of him? It could open up white wine sales for the catlicks and Mountain Dew for the baptists!
(April 4, 2015 at 4:00 pm)Brakeman Wrote: Why would a god be pleased with men senselessly killing other creatures?

What would be the pleasing feature of dribbling blood over a hearth that would be important to a god?

Why don't christians drink jesus' piss in remembrance of him? It could open up white wine sales for the catlicks and Mountain Dew for the baptists!

Blood has been associated with life.  (Think about the word "lifeblood.")  Urine isn't associated with life.  Draining the blood out of a person kills him, thus depriving him of life.  Draining the urine out of a person does not kill him, and thus does not deprive him of live.  So it isn't random.

Now, I have a question for you.  Are you being serious in these questions, or are you just joking around?

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
(April 4, 2015 at 1:46 pm)Pyrrho Wrote:
(April 4, 2015 at 12:24 am)Brakeman Wrote: What is with the jewish/christian fascination with bodily fluids? A google search shows that it is mentioned about 415 times in the bible. Christians are pushed to drink blood colored liquids to remind them of christ's blood, not his image, not his teachings and not his bones.

I think it is safe to say that the people who wrote the Bible knew that blood sucked as a cleaning agent.  All it would take is trying it one time and one would learn pretty fast that it does not gets one's clothes clean.

It has to do with ancient animal (and human) sacrifice.  What we have are traces of older practices and beliefs imbedded in "modern" Christianity.  Of course, in the Bible, there are the actual animal sacrifices, as parts of it are very old and go back to an era in which such things were commonly practiced.

Maybe someone with a better background in history can say more, but I don't think we really understand the origins of the practice, as it seems to go back into prehistory.  It seems to be pretty universal, to all places of the world in which ancient people lived.  So this isn't just a Judeo-Christian thing.  It is found in Hinduism and many, many other ancient traditions.
Many ancients sacrificed human beings who belonged as property to the deceased master so that they could continue to serve him in the afterlife. How it came to be associated with appeasing the gods probably has something to do with the idea that people can be possessed by evil spirits, and/or the growth of crops from the earth, which was itself believed to be a deity. If cow shit isn't making my fields grow this year, maybe giving my first-born to the earth will! 

That would be my guess anyway. 
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cult leader encouraging his followers to starve to death. Rev. Rye 2 465 April 28, 2023 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Kenya cult deaths: Four die after suspected starvation plot zebo-the-fat 0 538 April 14, 2023 at 11:15 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Was Jesus and Iron Age Cult Leader? trustedsource 11 5409 July 14, 2017 at 4:44 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Without the Shedding of Blood There is No Remission of Sin Rhondazvous 231 57984 June 4, 2017 at 9:31 am
Last Post: Zenith
  Theist ➤ Why ☠ Atheism is Evil Compared to ✠ Christianity The Joker 177 26919 December 3, 2016 at 11:24 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Orthodox Christianity is Best Christianity! Annoyingbutnicetheist 30 6780 January 26, 2016 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Why Christianity violates the unity of God. Mystic 18 2704 September 11, 2015 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Why Christianity? Shuffle 391 66486 August 27, 2015 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
Rainbow Bloody miracles from a bloody cult. Bob Kelso 22 4783 March 26, 2015 at 11:24 am
Last Post: KevinM1
  The Mormon Cult warlocksarebest 26 7710 November 30, 2014 at 3:14 pm
Last Post: vorlon13