Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 11:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FUCK EASTER / PASSOVER
FUCK EASTER / PASSOVER
I think this guy is a bit weak in his atheism but still, a good article.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/04/6-unl...ve-in-god/

Quote:6 unlikely developments that could convince this atheist to believe in God

Quote:The whole reason I don’t believe in God is that there is not one scrap of good, solid evidence supporting the God hypothesis. The whole reason I don’t believe in God is that every piece of evidence anyone has ever shown me in support of the God hypothesis has completely sucked. The whole reason I don’t believe in God is that these criteria — criteria that would be completely reasonable for any other hypothesis — are not being met.

As many atheists point out: If God were real, we wouldn’t be having this discussion. If God were real, it would be freaking obvious. If God were real, nobody would be an atheist. Nobody would even disagree about religion. The most obvious explanation for God’s existence not being ridiculously self-evident is that God does not exist. As Julia Sweeney says in her brilliant performance piece Letting Go of God, “The world behaves exactly as you expect it would, if there were no Supreme Being, no Supreme Consciousness, and no supernatural.”
RE: FUCK EASTER / PASSOVER
Well, he's stating the obvious and we had many pointless discussions about it already. What he didn't say is the fact of scientific knowledge being in stark contradiction of the god claim. Especially when it comes to the age of the universe and earth and evolution.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Yep, good stuff.

Any theist who truly believes God is looking out for them all the time won't last long. Not if they live anywhere near a road.

The fact that God is "obvious" is pretty much a statement that all atheists are stupid and/or in denial. When something actually is obvious, like gravity, then you don't get such a split of opinion.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Quote:Well, he's stating the obvious

With christards you have to hit them over the head with obvious at every opportunity.  Dumb fucks just don't learn.
(April 5, 2015 at 11:51 am)Minimalist Wrote: I think this guy is a bit weak in his atheism but still, a good article.

Quote:6 unlikely developments that could convince this atheist to believe in God

Bah, I wouldn't buy any of them because they are all subject to the whims of Descarte's demon.
Nope, God is going to have to raise me to a power level where He can't pull the wool over my eyes.
Good luck on that one God.

Passover, isn't that the day that we celebrate the genocidal deaths of all the Egyptian babies?
What a waste of good protein.
So how, exactly, does God know that She's NOT a brain in a vat? Huh
(April 5, 2015 at 3:36 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:Well, he's stating the obvious

With christards you have to hit them over the head with obvious at every opportunity.  Dumb fucks just don't learn.

Are you really any different from them?
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
(April 5, 2015 at 4:28 pm)Polaris Wrote:
(April 5, 2015 at 3:36 pm)Minimalist Wrote: With christards you have to hit them over the head with obvious at every opportunity.  Dumb fucks just don't learn.

Are you really any different from them?

He is, We have science to back up our positing. Theists have superstition and good vibes and also a huge lack of evidence. 
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Poor, polecat.  Still holding a candle for absurd fairy tales.

Time to grow up, lad.
(April 5, 2015 at 4:51 pm)dyresand Wrote:
(April 5, 2015 at 4:28 pm)Polaris Wrote: Are you really any different from them?

He is, We have science to back up our positing. Theists have superstition and good vibes and also a huge lack of evidence. 

and 40,000 different takes on all their non-evidence too.

(and that is just in the Christer orbit)
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(April 5, 2015 at 11:51 am)Minimalist Wrote: I think this guy is a bit weak in his atheism but still, a good article.

Quote:The whole reason I don’t believe in God is that there is not one scrap of good, solid evidence supporting the God hypothesis. The whole reason I don’t believe in God is that every piece of evidence anyone has ever shown me in support of the God hypothesis has completely sucked. The whole reason I don’t believe in God is that these criteria — criteria that would be completely reasonable for any other hypothesis — are not being met.

As many atheists point out: If God were real, we wouldn’t be having this discussion. If God were real, it would be freaking obvious. If God were real, nobody would be an atheist. Nobody would even disagree about religion. The most obvious explanation for God’s existence not being ridiculously self-evident is that God does not exist. As Julia Sweeney says in her brilliant performance piece Letting Go of God, “The world behaves exactly as you expect it would, if there were no Supreme Being, no Supreme Consciousness, and no supernatural.”

It's like dark matter.  The evidence points to something.  like dark matter, the claims fall short when people start describing exactly what it is. like if somebody claimed it was free neutrons.  And if you don't know what you don't know then it's all bullshit anyway and doesn't matter.  You would be a a-darkmatter person.
anti-logical Fallacies of Ambiguity

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Always Proof Your Yeast! Fuck Proof of Gods! chimp3 12 2020 September 9, 2018 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Easter, Bloody Easter! chimp3 76 10036 March 20, 2018 at 5:11 am
Last Post: GODZILLA
  Fuck Praying Minimalist 25 3309 June 10, 2016 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Happy Passover/Christian Passover Polaris 13 1952 April 4, 2015 at 10:27 pm
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  So..... Not Only God but a Court Says "FUCK YOU." Minimalist 53 10496 March 12, 2015 at 3:46 am
Last Post: robvalue
  God nowhere to be seen on Easter Sunday Foxaèr 17 3969 April 22, 2014 at 6:58 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Apparently, God Said "Fuck Off!" Minimalist 32 11172 August 24, 2013 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Zen Badger
  Cloning Jesus??? Fuck yeah! The Reality Salesman01 21 7701 July 18, 2013 at 10:21 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Easter! Creed of Heresy 54 17417 March 27, 2012 at 9:36 pm
Last Post: Cinjin
  Happy Easter? AHHHHHH!!! binny 9 2845 April 25, 2011 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: thesummerqueen