Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 1:18 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Little Police Primer
A Little Police Primer
They could learn much from this. 

When shooting an unarmed man who is running away.......
[Image: untitled1.jpg]
RE: A Little Police Primer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCvgxf9uXqA

I was starting to wonder if video evidence was even enough to indict an officer when they kill someone who wasn't threatening them.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

The Charleston cop was pleasant and courteous at the beginning of the stop. It wasn't until the shooting victim dared dis-obey him that the cop lost it and plugged him in the back.
This is why I don't think the Charleston shooting is based on racism but rather on megalomania.
Find the cure for Fundementia!
Quote:that the cop lost it and plugged him in the back.

One little thing......

Quote:This is why I don't think the Charleston shooting is based on racism but rather on megalomania.

Do you suppose a lot of whites were pulled over for broken tail lights that day?
(April 12, 2015 at 9:13 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:that the cop lost it and plugged him in the back.

One little thing......

Well, I would say it's a pretty big thing to the guy who got shot in the back.

Quote:
Quote:This is why I don't think the Charleston shooting is based on racism but rather on megalomania.

Do you suppose a lot of whites were pulled over for broken tail lights that day?

I don't know, I don't have any info other than my three or four times a year visits to Charleston. I've never been pulled over. I did notice that many of the policemen are black so it's not the same thing as Ferguson, Mo.
Let me help.  This is from 2007.....long before Ferguson!

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nati...tops_N.htm

Quote:WASHINGTON (AP) — Black, Hispanic and white drivers are equally likely to be pulled over by police, but blacks and Hispanics are much more likely to be searched and arrested, a federal study found.

Police were much more likely to threaten or use force against blacks and Hispanics than against whites in any encounter, whether at a traffic stop or elsewhere, according to the Justice Department.

The study, released Sunday by the department's Bureau of Justice Statistics, covered police contacts with the public during 2005 and was based on interviews by the Census Bureau with nearly 64,000 people age 16 or over.
I also love it how apologists say cops aren't racist, they just happen to coincidently shoot a lot of black people. 
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Shoot first, plant gun later.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(April 12, 2015 at 9:04 pm)Brakeman Wrote: The Charleston cop was pleasant and courteous at the beginning of the stop. It wasn't until the shooting victim dared dis-obey him that the cop lost it and plugged him in the back.
This is why I don't think the Charleston shooting is based on racism but rather on megalomania.

Irrelevant. He shot an unarmed man running away in the back. 8 times, so he pretty much emptied his magazine. It doesn't get any clearer than that. And then he seems to plant his taser next to the body. I've seen the vid and if this guy gets off the hook like all the others, there's really something wrong.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(April 13, 2015 at 5:28 am)abaris Wrote:
(April 12, 2015 at 9:04 pm)Brakeman Wrote: The Charleston cop was pleasant and courteous at the beginning of the stop. It wasn't until the shooting victim dared dis-obey him that the cop lost it and plugged him in the back.

Irrelevant. He shot an unarmed man running away in the back. 8 times, so he pretty much emptied his magazine. It doesn't get any clearer than that. And then he seems to plant his taser next to the body. I've seen the vid and if this guy gets off the hook like all the others, there's really something wrong.

Irrelevant to What?? What the hell makes you think I was making any excuses for the cop??

Distopia's comment too is ridiculous, calling me an apologist when I merely state the factual observation that the cop did not give outwardly racist cue's during the first video's stop. Not everything in the world is race based, and racism is not the only hatred around.

You guys must live in extremely Lilly white enclaves to believe that black people only have racist encounters with anyone else.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I just threw up a little BrokenQuill92 19 2793 December 9, 2015 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Ya little shit! ignoramus 4 889 September 21, 2015 at 12:26 pm
Last Post: strawberryBacteria
  Public Service Announcement: How not to get your ass kicked by police. Jackalope 11 2091 November 27, 2014 at 7:54 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Thought-provoking little clip Minimalist 5 1060 April 29, 2014 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: ThePinsir
  A little something for fellow Terry Pratchett fans The Valkyrie 0 728 November 26, 2013 at 3:44 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Little MJ on a traditional instrument (and more) The Grand Nudger 1 859 September 4, 2011 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  Catchy Little Tune.... Minimalist 1 810 July 24, 2011 at 4:07 pm
Last Post: Faith No More
  stuffed toy tiger sparks police hunt downbeatplumb 5 1650 May 24, 2011 at 11:37 am
Last Post: Napoléon
  Jesus magic, a little overrated. leo-rcc 0 976 December 21, 2010 at 6:39 am
Last Post: leo-rcc