Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hi
hi
Can someone give me some help please i believe in Jesus and i feel the kingdom of heaven is within me but there is so much scandal around the 'church' i dont know who to listen to when it comes to authority. i know that no one is innocent so does the church have to be innocent. Also i thought God gave the 'law' to the Jews, but that we Gentiles where ruled by our hearts and that life was given through faith, i dont understand why the modern church has built itself around a 'law' and ritual, when faith in God and Jesus is what worship of Jesus is about. why are people abandoning the true power of faith and turning to the faithless following of rules. i want to be a slave to the Holy Spirit who will guide me to God and not a slave to a organisation that i dont understand.
can some help full person please pick me up and put me in the right box lol.
RE: hi
[Image: bunny_pancake.jpg]
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
The Denomination system is screwed up right now.

As this forum's token satanist, I suggest you drop all that bullshit and be your emotions. Live a little and not be stuck up.

Syn
(April 1, 2010 at 7:26 pm)Synackaon Wrote: The Denomination system is screwed up right now.

As this forum's token satanist, I suggest you drop all that bullshit and be your emotions. Live a little and not be stuck up.

Syn

lol dont worry about that one i rape the shit out of my life but just cant ignore the truth of Christ
(April 1, 2010 at 7:30 pm)divermike Wrote:
(April 1, 2010 at 7:26 pm)Synackaon Wrote: The Denomination system is screwed up right now.

Syn

lol dont worry about that one i rape the shit out of my life but just cant ignore the truth of Christ

A truth is just a lie buttered with false hopes
The truth about Christ is that he is a fiction. A fiction imposed upon a charismatic religious leader called Jesus. A fiction born out of the hopes and dreams and struggles of a peoples who lived in tyrannous times.

The Christ you think you know of bares no relation to any character of reality and is entirely a work of fiction, ancient mythology and imagination.

Hope that helps Big Grin
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Quote:A truth is just a lie buttered with false hopes

I fuckin' love that!
Wow,

Well, drivermike, you are either a troll, which I doubt, or you, as indicated by your post, find yourself at atheistforums to try to find the awnsers to those questions you have that you feel the church will not be entirely honest to you about. Hopefully, and likely it is the latter, which means you are begining to question your beliefs. The fact you look on the internet means you are probably either young or smart, or possibly both, which is in keeping with your overall theme.

God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit have not been activly involved in over 2000 years (depending on who you ask), and therefore anymore, the afore mentioned characters are maintained as relics of the church, and are to the same effect as creations of the mind of man. This is what the church does, just as the barber cuts hair or the baker makes bread.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys" - P.J. O'Rourke

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"Nothing succeeds like the appearance of success." - Christopher Lasch

WAIT WAIT WAIT!

This is another April Fools Joke. Divermike is not real but a contruct for entertainment. Adrian Approved for your enjoyment I'm a bettin'!

And I frickin' responded to the fooled ya divermike in another thread. Sad

Ya got me.
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
If it's a joke it has nothing to do with me.