Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Batman v Jesus: The ReNailing
Batman v Jesus: The ReNailing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2ju6GPbu4c
Luke: You don't believe in the Force, do you?

Han Solo: Kid, I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other, and I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen *anything* to make me believe that there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. 'Cause no mystical energy field controls *my* destiny. It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.
RE: Batman v Jesus: The ReNailing
To bad its not a real thing
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Speaking of Batman, here's the new Joker, Jared Leto:

[Image: joker-killing-joke-jared-leto-133328.jpg]

I think he's perfect to take over for Heath Ledger.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(April 25, 2015 at 6:15 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: Speaking of Batman, here's the new Joker, Jared Leto:

Dodgy It's official I'm sick of the Joker now.
It is very important not to mistake hemlock for parsley, but to believe or not believe in God is not important at all. - Denis Diderot

We are the United States of Amnesia, we learn nothing because we remember nothing. - Gore Vidal
(April 25, 2015 at 6:15 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: Speaking of Batman, here's the new Joker, Jared Leto:

Anything is better than Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor.
Luke: You don't believe in the Force, do you?

Han Solo: Kid, I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other, and I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen *anything* to make me believe that there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. 'Cause no mystical energy field controls *my* destiny. It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.
I had to click on the comments section of the vid to understand a little more.
It was comical.  
All these superhero flicks, batman. superman, on and on, are the deep longings expressed for a deliverer from evil.
A man made deliverer. 
A super man.

The OT describes a deliverer- the suffering Servant (the Lamb of God) and the conquering King (the Lion of Judah),
but that this would be one person in 2 roles escaped the mentality of the Jews of old, and all of you.

Bat-guy and whoever else thinks he is bad to the bone, are going to get their wings fried.
Nothing the world can come up with will withstand the return of the Lion of Judah.
(April 25, 2015 at 8:49 pm)professor Wrote: I had to click on the comments section of the vid to understand a little more.
It was comical.  
All these superhero flicks, batman. superman, on and on, are the deep longings expressed for a deliverer from evil.
A man made deliverer. 
A super man.

Mybold.

Exactly, and where one doesn't exist... make one up.
It's not so much that the Romans worshipped Caesar as God, but their contemporaries thought of their Gods as bigger than life Caesars.
Having a badass protect your village was a way to keep conflicts with the neighbors under control.  Your foraging party comes into contact with that from the neighboring tribe, fighting is inefficient and you might get hurt.  Threaten them with the 'really big and mean' dude you have back at camp. 
Gods just grew from the biggest and baddest of these.
Eventually the exaggeration pegged the needle with the omni-everything God of the Bible.  You can't get badder than the creator of everything who's going to fry you for bad thoughts.
Now it's just a matter of staying on story.
So how, exactly, does God know that She's NOT a brain in a vat? Huh
(April 25, 2015 at 8:49 pm)professor Wrote: Bat-guy and whoever else thinks he is bad to the bone, are going to get their wings fried.
Nothing the world can come up with will withstand the return of the Lion of Judah.

You do understand that Batman's not real, right? I was pretty sure that was something both atheists and Christians agreed on. Though I would love it if you guys incorporated Batman into your pantheon.
Gasp. Batman not real?
All those movies (didn't see any of them) for naught?
Haha Here's a protip, prof: Sarcasm hits harder when you dabble in reality from time to time.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Holy Shit, Batman Minimalist 4 1408 August 18, 2015 at 4:41 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Batman verses Vader Drich 67 7928 March 20, 2015 at 12:17 am
Last Post: Drich
  I wish I was Batman Belac Enrobso 3 963 January 4, 2014 at 12:14 am
Last Post: Belac Enrobso