Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 11:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
London is full of death
London is full of death
Video is about the history of "secret" burials in London such as people finding skeletons everywhere and such.

It is very important not to mistake hemlock for parsley, but to believe or not believe in God is not important at all. - Denis Diderot

We are the United States of Amnesia, we learn nothing because we remember nothing. - Gore Vidal
RE: London is full of death
The city has a two thousand plus year history.

Is it any surprise there are corpses buried all over the place?
Dying to live, living to die.
Local lore has it there are quite a few unmarked graves in some of the local cemeteries here dating back to the depression in the 30s. If an infant was stillborn then, or even sometimes if a child had passed, and the family was destitute, as many were, they would gather at the cemetery, and bury the remains without benefit of a funeral home.

Without knowledge of the lot sales, and with crude or no markings of the grave, in the decades to come, many of these sites have been discovered with subsequent preparations for other burials.

Sad to contemplate . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(April 27, 2015 at 10:27 pm)Beccs Wrote: The city has a two thousand plus year history.

That's what she says in the video. Big Grin
It is very important not to mistake hemlock for parsley, but to believe or not believe in God is not important at all. - Denis Diderot

We are the United States of Amnesia, we learn nothing because we remember nothing. - Gore Vidal
I had nothing to do with most of those corpses.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(April 27, 2015 at 10:27 pm)Beccs Wrote: The city has a two thousand plus year history.

Took the words out my mouth tbh
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

(April 28, 2015 at 11:55 am)robvalue Wrote: I had nothing to do with most of those corpses.

Rolleyes  Are you an immortal serial killer?

No, just a guy in his pyjamas pretending to be cool.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Move along.

Nothing to see in my crawl space.

Move along . . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(April 28, 2015 at 11:55 am)robvalue Wrote: I had nothing to do with most of those corpses.

Don't worry, we don't blame you for any of them that are from before your birth.  Just all of them since you were about 6 or so.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Once Again, Eusebius Was Full of Shit Minimalist 7 937 November 25, 2018 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Orrin Hatch Is Full Of Shit Minimalist 3 1098 March 31, 2016 at 12:50 pm
Last Post: vorlon13