Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 8:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are drugs bad? Or just fun?
Saw this video and found it extremely hilarious.

RE: Are drugs bad? Or just fun?
(May 1, 2015 at 12:44 pm)Jericho Wrote: Saw this video and found it extremely hilarious.

That made me really sad.  The guy obviously has issues, but the cops have no problem taking their sweet time about doing whatever they're going to do, laughing at him; asking if he's ever been on YouTube.  Then, when he picks up his pace, the cop behind the camera laughs as he jokes about the fact that the officer he's chasing (while the crackhead is still on the ground, mind you), just another person making fun of him, will have to use a taser on him.  It's fucked up that this guy is the source of anyone's entertainment, but especially cops.  

I didn't find it hilarious in the slightest.
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
First thing, it was the owner of the carwash that filmed it. As for the police officer, I understand where you are coming from. However, when it comes to detaining an individual, certain procedures have to be followed. If the officer feels as if his/her safety is at risk (which it normally is with people on drugs), then he/she is fully justified to take whatever measures are necessary in order to ensure their safety. It is especially suggested to take caution when dealing with such people so that nothing is carried out in haste (poor decisions can lead to poor repercussions). That being said, he should not have laughed at the man while dealing with him, as that could have brought on more hostility from the subject.

As for me, yes I found it funny. Mainly this is due to the nature of his movements and sounds he made. Sure, it is sad that I find entertainment in such a way, but it is about the same as laughing when someone falls (or something similar).
You're not alone. A lot of people, admittedly or not, love them some schadenfreude. You're honest about it, at least Smile
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
I suppose you're right. And yeah, there is no point denying such a small thing. I found it funny...though perhaps I have poor taste. Either way, thanks for the input.
Seems to me the police were not terribly professional about the incident.

I've heard confessions of ill behavior at 12 steppers from similarly afflicted individuals. I wasn't much into public spectacle when I was drinking and drugging, but I know many who were.

Some here might find this odd, but I'd think most 12 steppers would feel the coke addict owes the cop(s) and the car wash owner an amend, should he achieve some success in abstinence. We'd have to see, however, where any possible mental health issues leave off, and the drugs start.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(May 1, 2015 at 1:05 pm)rexbeccarox Wrote: the cop behind the camera laughs

Yeah, the guy behind the camera wasn't a cop.

The guy on the floor looked like he was having the time of his life anyways.
OMG that was funny! I have a belly ache from laughing so hard.
"Get down on the ground"

He is on the ground you idiot Smile
“The larger the group, the more toxic, the more of your beauty as an individual you have to surrender for the sake of group thought. And when you suspend your individual beauty you also give up a lot of your humanity. You will do things in the name of a group that you would never do on your own. Injuring, hurting, killing, drinking are all part of it, because you've lost your identity, because you now owe your allegiance to this thing that's bigger than you are and that controls you.”  - George Carlin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie (trailer) EgoDeath 32 3351 September 25, 2019 at 10:19 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  COPS: In Springfield (Bad Cops) ƵenKlassen 4 606 December 3, 2017 at 10:14 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  My Top 10 Stupid Fun Movies Mechaghostman2 7 1269 July 8, 2016 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla
  Trevor Noah Has Some Fun With "Jihotties" Minimalist 1 703 January 27, 2016 at 6:31 pm
Last Post: dyresand
Star bad thread Effusional 66 4597 January 17, 2016 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Colbert Has Some Fun With "Nostradonald." Minimalist 0 522 November 25, 2015 at 11:48 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  My fave fun song of all time. Brian37 0 738 November 10, 2015 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  John Oliver....Having Some Fun With GM Minimalist 3 994 May 19, 2014 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Breaking Bad: How great was it? Belac Enrobso 31 6111 January 1, 2014 at 8:09 pm
Last Post: Belac Enrobso
  So bad it's awesome movies BrokenQuill92 0 1226 December 29, 2013 at 8:46 pm
Last Post: BrokenQuill92