Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 1:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
B.B. King
B.B. King
...is now in hospice. May have been subject to elder abuse.

http://www.tmz.com/2015/05/01/bb-king-ab...-daughter/

https://www.yahoo.com/music/blues-legend...15031.html

I'm not a huge fan of his kind of music, but what a prolific man.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
RE: B.B. King
Man, this deeply saddens me. And on the day Benny King died.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
Decades of wonderful music and legions of grateful fans, and the man has to suffer the indignity of being picked over by fucking vultures before he's even gone. Disgusting and saddening.
Yeah, I read about this. Terribly sad. Looks like his manager is doing the showbiz thing and fucking her client over.

That's not a very dignified picture of him in that TMZ article. I wonder whether he got to agree to that. I mean wtf?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(May 2, 2015 at 5:12 pm)Alex K Wrote: That's not a very dignified picture of him in that TMZ article. I wonder whether he got to agree to that. I mean wtf?

I was going to click the links until I read this. I prefer to remember BB this way - the power, the passion, and that absolutely amazing left hand vibrato.

I know there's more than a few guitarists on this board (myself included), but Jaysus - this man is up and down the neck of that thing hitting notes most of us don't even know are on there.

I'm going to miss his when he goes.  Sad

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Alice Cooper as King Herod! chimp3 0 196 April 2, 2018 at 9:17 pm
Last Post: chimp3