Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shots fired in Dallas of mohammed cartoons.
Shots fired in Dallas of mohammed cartoons.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canad...4683914739

Quote:Two gunmen have been shot dead after opening fire outside a conference on cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad in a suburb of Dallas, US police say.

They drove to the Curtis Culwell Center in Garland as the event was ending, and began shooting at a security officer before being killed by police.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

RE: Shots fired in Dallas of mohammed cartoons.
How tragic Sad I hope this doesn't lead to more "compromise" of free speech.

Allan is so powerful he needs people with guns to silence his critics apparently.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Sounds to me like it was good work by the police who probably saved some lives of innocent cartoon drawers.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

How the fuck is drawing pictures of Muhammad an act of "extremism" (as labelled by the daily mail which blacked out a picture of Muhammad on this page, surely that's more extreme)?

The event itself was partly to protest against non-Islamic no-go zones:

[Image: 20110730-d0434.jpg]

And here are some of the entries:

[Image: motoon.paul_.green-1_zpsx6pjooow-640x836.jpg]

[Image: Mohammad-Winner.jpg]
(this was the winning entry)

[Image: drawnMeDie-kostynuik_zpsyx3nbkh8.jpg]
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
It must be a weak and feeble religion if it's scared of pictures!
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

Keep up the good work!
It would have been a perfect opportunity for Allah to fling some 'loud voiced thunder-bolts':
Quran 31:13
Nay, thunder repeateth His praises, and so do the angels, with awe: He flingeth the loud-voiced thunder-bolts, and therewith He striketh whomsoever He will.. yet these (are the men) who (dare to) dispute about Allah, with the strength of His power (supreme)!

But seriously, I have to agree with those Muhammadans, and others, that said: 'just ignore the event and don't give it any publicity'. If nobody got violent then we may never have known about the event. The actions of these Fascists can only back-fire. Me personally, I have no reason to draw Muhammad and probably never will. But I do find it funny that's it's something to kill people over.

The fact that Allah didn't protect the honour of Muhammad, or whatever, shows that Allah is a weak god.

I'm curious if anyone has or will hold "free speech events" in Europe to advocate people's rights to deny the Holocaust (where 14 nations outlaw such rhetoric and have even imprisoned "offenders")---not on the grounds that they think it never actually occurred, but on the principle that no one should be treated as criminals for expressing a point of view that threatens to harm no one, however dumb it may be.
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
(May 4, 2015 at 4:34 pm)Nestor Wrote: I'm curious if anyone has or will hold "free speech events" in Europe to advocate people's rights to deny the Holocaust (where 14 nations outlaw such rhetoric and have even imprisoned "offenders")---not on the grounds that they think it never actually occurred, but on the principle that no one should be treated as criminals for expressing a point of view that threatens to harm no one, however dumb it may be.

Practically, sustainable freedom of speech is incompatible with complete freedom of speech.  Freedom of speech is not a suicide pact.   Those who argue principles forgets it is the concession to the practical that allows any principle to be worth anything at all.
(May 4, 2015 at 4:48 pm)Chuck Wrote:
(May 4, 2015 at 4:34 pm)Nestor Wrote: I'm curious if anyone has or will hold "free speech events" in Europe to advocate people's rights to deny the Holocaust (where 14 nations outlaw such rhetoric and have even imprisoned "offenders")---not on the grounds that they think it never actually occurred, but on the principle that no one should be treated as criminals for expressing a point of view that threatens to harm no one, however dumb it may be.

Practically, sustainable freedom of speech is incompatible with complete freedom of speech.  Freedom of speech is not a suicide pact.   Those who argue principles forgets it is the concession to the practical that allows any principle to be worth anything at all.
Advocating a person's right to provoke through speech is not tantamount to a "suicide pact." I fail to see the relevancy of your point.
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The true story of Prophet Mohammed and His Young Wife Aisha Believe Heart 31 2077 September 25, 2022 at 11:48 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Zakir Naik speaks about the French cartoons. WinterHold 30 4745 November 14, 2020 at 9:44 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Was Prophet Mohammed a caravan thieve? WinterHold 171 16023 April 21, 2020 at 9:23 am
Last Post: Mr Greene
  Mohammed: model citizen or barbarian? Ex-Muslim reads the Hadiths mralstoner 2 1597 October 23, 2016 at 1:26 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Charlie Hebdo journalist sees a problem with Islam and Mohammed mralstoner 5 1354 October 22, 2016 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose
  MoHamHead's cartoons for moslems to worship. mark.mitchell377 2 1043 September 11, 2015 at 8:02 am
Last Post: Aractus
  It wasn't Mohammed who founded Islam. Newtonscat 174 27514 March 28, 2015 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Islamic State - Do We Believe Obama or Mohammed? mralstoner 12 3554 October 15, 2014 at 9:42 pm
Last Post: mralstoner
  The Mohammed Code - by Howard Bloom (Atheist Jew) mralstoner 0 2766 September 27, 2014 at 2:31 am
Last Post: mralstoner
  Media finally links beheadings with ... Mohammed! mralstoner 4 3064 September 8, 2014 at 11:51 am
Last Post: ShaMan