Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 1:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay marriage: maybe. Anti-gay idiots: pushing stupid laws.
Gay marriage: maybe. Anti-gay idiots: pushing stupid laws.
Quote:After oral arguments last month at the Supreme Court in the historic marriage equality case Obergefell v. Hodges, many legal observers agreethat the court appears poised to strike down the remaining state bans on same-sex marriage in June. And what we saw in the weeks prior with discriminatory legislation in Arkansas and  — a media spectacle which included large corporations and prominent celebrities speaking out and forcing Republican governors to backtrack — gave many people hope that religious-right forces have been beaten back.

Even if marriage equality comes to all 50 states in June, after all, gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people still won’t be protected against discrimination in housing, employment and public accommodations under the 1964 Civil Rights Act, nor under any federal statute, a sad reality that often surprises people. There are no statewide protections in 29 states. Which means that in some states, gay and lesbian individuals have exercised the right to marry one day, only to be fired from their jobs the next after their employers learned about it.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2015/05/07/the-supreme-court-might-legalize-gay-marriage-but-that-wont-stop-opponents-from-pushing-anti-gay-laws/

I personally think the entire reason theistitards are being so dumb, not ignorant, is that they realize a great change is about to happen.  They feared the same change during the civil rights movement.  The problem with religious idiots is that they fear change. 

After all, their religion does not change.  That is and will be the downfall of religion.  It does not change.

Fuck religion.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Gay marriage: maybe. Anti-gay idiots: pushing stupid laws.
What the hell?

Is that really true, in some places in America you can just fire someone for being gay (or get away with it being the real reason)?

I thought stuff had moved beyond that at least Sad

Religion is bullshit and while it has such a powerful reach it holds everyone back.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  More from the self intitled white anti maskers. Brian37 57 2755 April 21, 2021 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I can't believe she's so stupid as to say this out loud. onlinebiker 21 1420 January 10, 2021 at 10:55 am
Last Post: TaraJo
  Anti-viral clothing on the rise Foxaèr 1 239 August 20, 2020 at 7:53 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
Thumbs Down More Stupid in Flint Mi. onlinebiker 6 377 July 31, 2020 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  ‘God made our immune systems perfect and healthy’ — Anti-vaxxers in NJ Fake Messiah 13 1191 January 20, 2020 at 9:10 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Former judge files new motions pushing for special prosecutor in Jussie Smollett case EgoDeath 15 1489 July 1, 2019 at 12:21 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  A Question for Anti- vaxxers BrokenQuill92 11 1038 June 26, 2019 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: no one
  New Gun Regulations In The US Would Be Really, Really Stupid BrianSoddingBoru4 135 11932 May 6, 2019 at 4:55 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Maybe don't be a gang leader? Brian37 13 1724 March 17, 2019 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Why are humans so stupid? Brian37 36 1644 March 11, 2019 at 1:10 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger