Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Tragedy of Alice Cooper
The Tragedy of Alice Cooper
This guy was quite the rocker. I'm not necessarily a fan of the darker side of rock and roll but at least there is thought behind it. I'd rather see dark thought with some semblance of the human spirit behind it than mindless banality. I'm saddened that this free-spirit has fallen to Christian mind-control.

Alice Cooper
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
RE: The Tragedy of Alice Cooper
It's not like he'll start making christian rock music now, so... what do I care?
His old buddy James Randi should give him a serious talking to
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(May 10, 2015 at 2:06 pm)Neimenovic Wrote: It's not like he'll start making christian rock music now, so... what do I care?

Perhaps not. But he's no longer making free-thinker music anymore. It's a loss.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
(May 10, 2015 at 2:21 pm)AFTT47 Wrote:
(May 10, 2015 at 2:06 pm)Neimenovic Wrote: It's not like he'll start making christian rock music now, so... what do I care?

Perhaps not. But he's no longer making free-thinker music anymore. It's a loss.

Yeah, well, that IS a loss... especially since there isn't a lot of it in the mainstream
He's the son of a Baptist minister and has been cranking out dark, creepy, sometimes disturbing music all along. Nothing much has (or will) change.

This isn't exactly news. A friend and I were discussing what impact it would have back in '08 when Cooper announced that he would no longer perform certain songs (because of his renewed faith) live any longer. The release of "Along Came a Spider" that same year definitively proved not much was changing.

Mountains out of molehills...
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(May 10, 2015 at 2:11 pm)Alex K Wrote: His old buddy James Randi should give him a serious talking to

Really? I didn't know they were buds.

Albert Einstein
And the biggest tragedy of all?  He's a golfer.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(May 10, 2015 at 4:12 pm)AFTT47 Wrote:
(May 10, 2015 at 2:11 pm)Alex K Wrote: His old buddy James Randi should give him a serious talking to

Really? I didn't know they were buds.

Yeah. He'd help him with the live stage show setup where he gets "decapitated", in the early days.

http://youtu.be/M32t8j-cyuU
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Quote: On occasion he has spoken out against musicians who promote or opine on politics; for example, in the run-up to the 2004 presidential election, he told the Canadian Press that the then crop of rock stars campaigning for and touring on behalf of Democratic candidate John Kerry were committing "treason against rock n' roll". He also added that upon seeing the list of musicians who supported Kerry, "if I wasn't already a Bush supporter, I would have immediately switched. Linda Ronstadt? Don Henley? Geez, that's a good reason right there to vote for Bush."[120]

That is infinitely worse than being a Christian.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not sure where to post this old episode of "Alice" Brian37 14 606 June 5, 2021 at 8:01 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4