Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jesus Camp
Jesus Camp
How many people here have seen Jesus camp? A documentary about an Evangelical Christian Summer Camp. It's honestly the most disturbing documentaries I have ever seen the sheer manipulation and indoctration that takes place sickens me.

Another disturbing thing about it, is how it can be taken both ways, Evangelical Christians seeing it positively and for us sensible people - negatively.

[Image: jesus_camp2_1.jpg]

[Image: jesus-camp-092706-xlg.jpg]

[Image: JesusCamp3.jpg]

[Image: large_ted-haggard-jesus-camp3.jpg]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LACyLTsH4ac
RE: Jesus Camp
Another one you'll want to see is Hell House.

[Image: hellhouse.jpg]
Whats that about?
(April 8, 2010 at 10:20 am)darkwolf176 Wrote: Whats that about?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell_house

A hell house, like a conventional haunted-house attraction, is a space set aside in which actors attempt to frighten patrons with gruesome exhibits and scenes. The format is that the various scenes are presented as a series of short vignettes with a narrated guide. Unlike haunted houses, hell houses focus on occasions and effects of sin or the fate of unrepentant sinners in the afterlife. They are scheduled during the month of October to capitalize on the similarities between hell houses and haunted attractions.

The exhibits at a hell house often have a controversial tone and focus on sins that are also issues of concern to evangelicals in the United States. Hell houses frequently feature exhibits that depict sin and its consequences. Common examples include abortion, suicide[1], use of alcoholic beverage and other recreational drugs, adultery and pre-marital sex, occultism, homosexuality, and Satanic ritual abuse. Hell houses typically emphasize the belief that anyone who does not accept Christ as their personal savior is condemned to Hell.

Simply put, it's a place where they scare you into accepting their religion.
The thought of me being forced into that as a child scares the heck out of me. So thankful to be in England.
Now after watching that vid you displayed for which I have watched before, I feel the need to listen to this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQcU5w915...re=related

Ahh, the sound of reason.Big Grin
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
(April 8, 2010 at 11:56 am)Ace Wrote: The thought of me being forced into that as a child scares the heck out of me. So thankful to be in England.
Now after watching that vid you displayed for which I have watched before, I feel the need to listen to this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQcU5w915...re=related

Ahh, the sound of reason.Big Grin

John Lennon = God Smile

I'm glad I live in England to!
So this is the Hell House stuff Thor told me about. I believe I've seen a little of this before. That child crying unfortunately reminds me of my childhood.
Done by any other group it would be classified as child abuse.
Agreed, it's child abuse and the raping of young developing minds will probably continue for much longer. The problem is that the people will say the government has no right to intervene into the family in these matters, but at the same time the guardians themselves are blind to the damage they cause. I've often wondered if there will ever be a solution, because this is one of the major reasons why religion is so prevalent.
Thankfully, secularism in the developed world is on the rise. I think we'll see the death of religion within this century.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jesus Camp Lemonvariable72 12 3171 December 16, 2013 at 10:12 pm
Last Post: Cinjin
  Jesus is trying to tell me something; what is it Jesus? TruthWorthy 32 13205 February 5, 2010 at 9:20 am
Last Post: Dotard