Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 11:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perhaps
Perhaps
you are simply too fucking stupid to be a nurse?

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/nursing-st...04362.html

Quote:Nursing student who failed class twice sues her university

I guess it beats studying.
RE: Perhaps
If I sued my university everytime my professors act like assholes I would be rich.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

It is even worse than just being too stupid.  If one cannot handle stressful situations, one cannot be a nurse.  People could fucking die if they made her a nurse, if she cannot handle stress.

Fortunately, courts usually are not so incredibly stupid as to fail to realize that worthless students are unhappy about their grades because they are worthless students.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
That's 15 minutes from where I live.  Sadly, it's in the next county over, so we won't get the case in our courthouse.

If anyone cares to read it, here's the local spin (complete with comments section Big Grin):

Student Sues Misericordia After Failing Course
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
Quote:alleging she “broke down and wept more than once” during a final exam because her professor didn’t do enough to help her.

It's been a long time since college but I can't recall my professors "helping" at all.  It was my job to pass the tests.
(May 13, 2015 at 9:50 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:alleging she “broke down and wept more than once” during a final exam because her professor didn’t do enough to help her.

It's been a long time since college but I can't recall my professors "helping" at all.  It was my job to pass the tests.

What I want to know is this:  Who is going to be helping her patients, if she becomes a nurse, when she breaks down and weeps?

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
She is a fucking idiot and the lawyers too. They have tests for a reason.
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
Quote:She says the Catholic university near Wilkes-Barre gave another disabled student better accommodations and that her treatment violated a federal disability discrimination law.

Is this implying she is disabled?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
It seems like everybody's disabled under the ADA. Rolleyes
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
I was wondering maybe if she was claiming her anxiety was a disability.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Perhaps they are not stars Eilonnwy 9 2400 December 9, 2009 at 11:12 pm
Last Post: theVOID
  Perhaps there is a god after all!! northumbrian66 0 939 August 27, 2009 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: northumbrian66