Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 8:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Piercings
Piercings
Do you have any? What do you think about them?

I like the way some of them look but I'm ridiculously squeamish and hate needles of every kind and would never get one myself
RE: Piercings
That and earrings... I could live in a world where people didn't do that sort of things to themselves.
I have my right ear cartilage and right nipple pierced. I used to have both eyebrows and my bellybutton done, rbut I no longer have those.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
While I am generally mortified at any piercings at all, I've seen a Prince Albert or 2 that for some odd reason I find appealing.

{shudder}
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(May 14, 2015 at 9:25 am)pocaracas Wrote: That and earrings... I could live in a world where people didn't do that sort of things to themselves.

Earrings are weird, they creep me out

All body piercings look mostly painful, but some are okay as in they look nice
(May 14, 2015 at 9:04 am)Neimenovic Wrote: Do you have any? What do you think about them?

I like the way some of them look but I'm ridiculously squeamish and hate needles of every kind and would never get one myself

I used to have my lip, tongue and eyebrow pierced.  I removed them all eventually because I'm not a person who can easily sacrifice any comfort for the sake of a look. There was a time when I would grow my hair, get a piercing, wear uncomfortable jeans and so on for the sake of a look but not now.

I think they can look good, I especially like a lower lip piercing on a girl.  I usually see it as a bit of a hint that the girl is quite a sexual person if she has a piercing, I don't know why my brain has come up with that stereotype.  

I hate it when its taken too far though, like with corset piercings and so on, also I don't believe piercings enhance sex in anyway for me.  

When I got my piercings done I saw it as a test really to see if I could go thru with it and it wasn't so bad. The trick is to breath in as the needle goes through, just take a gasp of air, for some reason that worked for me everytime.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

I like it if it's done with subtlety. I had a classmate in college who just had one piercing, on his forehead, and it looked great on him (bald, thin biker body). I'd look like such a tryhard, though.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
I don't have any piercings. Big surprise, I know.

(May 14, 2015 at 12:09 pm)paulpablo Wrote: When I got my piercings done I saw it as a test really to see if I could go thru with it and it wasn't so bad. The trick is to breath in as the needle goes through, just take a gasp of air, for some reason that worked for me everytime.

I'll be damned if anyone gets that close to me with a needle

I have a special mix of admiration and 'wtf is wrong with you' for people who willingly put themselves through that
(May 14, 2015 at 12:59 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I don't have any piercings.  Big surprise, I know.

You say that, but how do we know you don't look like this under your shirt?

[Image: extreme-body-piercing1.jpg]

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Body piercings? ignoramus 8 1162 August 28, 2015 at 12:24 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb