Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 1:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deflate gate and classism OP ED
Deflate gate and classism OP ED
Ok, sure in America you can protest whatever you like, but sometimes I really get pissed off at the priorities of some. So when it was announced that Brady was going to get punished, a couple of his fans got arrested "civil disobedience", I guess you could call it, for staging a sit in at NFL head quarters.

REALLY? Brady wasn't arrested by the government, and while you could say the case against him is circumstantial, his punishment wont put him on the street eating cat food. Even with real assholes like Rush Limpdork, if we chased him off the airwaves completely and he never worked again, Rush will still retire rich.

You have blacks being shot by cops unarmed and some are worried about a already multi millionaire and even possibly a future billionaire with marketing after he retires. 

Did it ever occur to anyone part of the marketing of the NFL is controversy? Brady may fight this in a civil court sure, but to think he is going to end up on the skids or it is something worthy of protest is a fucking joke. I really am getting sick of worship of celebrity and wealth. Brady will be ok long term as long as he doesn't end up with a dead hooker in his hotel room.
RE: Deflate gate and classism OP ED
Well, you are right. Both that they should be allowed to do such things, and that they are idiots with no perspective for doing such things.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
I don't follow football and don't give a shit about Brady or the Patriots but one thing bothered me.  Where were the game officials in all this?  This is such an egregious violation of the rules but the guys who handle the ball after every fucking play didn't notice it?

WTF?
No this happened in the locker room before the balls came out to the field but it does puzzle me that the reffs have to replace the balls between plays. Either way, what pisses me off is someone cares about a millionaire who will not end up on cat food. I think he knew, and I think he should lose a full year and the Superbowl title stripped from the owner of the team. What they will do to Brady is a slap on the wrist.

Lance Armstrong got caught.