Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boston
Boston
http://apnews.excite.com/article/2015051...bcf73.html

Quote: Ortiz spoke at a news conference Friday, hours after a jury decided that Tsarnaev would be put to death for the bombings at the 2013 Boston Marathon.

She says, "Today the jury has spoken. Dzhokhar Tsarnaev will pay for his crimes with his life."

If ever there was a case which merited capital punishment this was it.  Still, it seems like it is giving him what he wants.  Might have been better to lock him in a cage 23 hours a day for the next 60+ years and let him rot away.
RE: Boston
and who's gonna pay for that!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Pay per view. No problem finding viewers in a society that makes the Kardashians rich.
(May 16, 2015 at 5:56 am)ignoramus Wrote: and who's gonna pay for that!

The people. At about $48,000 per year, it's a bargain, compared to 20 years of Death Row incarceration (more expensive) plus legal bills for the defense that will certainly top $50,000 per year, plus the expenses of the many trials and hearings.

And as I put it in TTA:

Quote:He wants to avoid death. I think we should have given him exactly what he thinks he wants: life in prison. I think he should sit in a cell, 23 hours a day, with one in the courtyard, moldering away, with no hope for a life. No wife, no children, no travel, no hobbies, no choices at all to make in his life outside of when to take a shit, no nothing. No earnest smiles, no home cooking, no watching the bees buzz amongst the springtime flowers. No privacy, no Sunday drives, no kickin' down the cobblestones lookin' for fun and feelin' groovy.

No nothing.

A barren existence, bereft of meaning. He deserves every minute of it, and I'm willing to help foot the bill.

Killing him is a kindness that he does not merit.

Given the mandatory appeals, it might be more expensive to kill him than to just lock him up for life.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
(May 15, 2015 at 6:49 pm)Minimalist Wrote: [url=http://apnews.excite.com/article/20150515/us--boston_marathon_bombing-the_latest-82ca7bcf73.html][/url]
If ever there was a case which merited capital punishment this was it.  Still, it seems like it is giving him what he wants.  Might have been better to lock him in a cage 23 hours a day for the next 60+ years and let him rot away.

Apart from my general opposition to capital punishment, I have no objections either. This is at least a clear cut case with no room for error.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Boston Globe Story for All the Future School Shootings chimp3 25 1827 February 20, 2018 at 3:19 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Bringing the two factions together at Boston, a Vorlon plan vorlon13 12 2831 August 19, 2017 at 4:53 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Boston Bomber and "True Scotsman" Brian37 1 927 June 25, 2015 at 10:42 am
Last Post: Brian37