Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Call for Submissions
Call for Submissions
Visions with Voices Spoken Word poetry journal is now accepting submissions of poetry and short narrative for its summer issue. Deadline June 25, 2015. Poets receive their own page with like and tweet buttons. If you don't have an mp3 just send the text and your work will be performed by professional orators on our staff and presented with  elegant html5 technology. If you have your own mp3 of your work, that's good, too.

http://visionswithvoices.com
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
RE: Call for Submissions
To our horror, we discovered a glitch in our submission form that was preventing poets from submitting their work. We subsequently fixed it. If you've used the form and not received a response, please resubmit.

http://visionswithvoices.com/submit.php
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

--Voltaire

Made a submission. Thanks!

I feel like someone just poured acid into my eyes.
It is an ugly website.

Um parker the submission deadline was 2 months ago
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
Not sure why she was soliciting submissions three weeks ago, then.

Oh well, I don't write poetry for others, anyway.

What the fuck are y'all talking about. what decline? I didn't even know you had submitted anything until I just saw this. PT why would you submit your work to my site if you thought it's ugly? And even if I had declined your work, all this sour grapes bullshit wasn't even called for. And Napo. what the fuck are you talking about?

--Voltaire

(September 3, 2015 at 2:45 pm)Rhondazvous Wrote: What the fuck are y'all talking about. what decline?  I didn't even know you had submitted anything until I just saw this. PT why would you submit your work to my site if you thought it's ugly? And even if I had declined your work, all this sour grapes bullshit  wasn't even called for. And Napo. what the fuck are you talking about?

I was pointing out that the deadline you posted in the OP is long past. If your still takin submissions I'd like to submit a poem. And Napo is talking about the website. I would recommend going to w3 schools (Its free) and taking a look at their tutorials so you can touch up the site. I'm not trying to be insulting, just constructive and honest.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
(September 3, 2015 at 2:45 pm)Rhondazvous Wrote: What the fuck are y'all talking about. what decline? I didn't even know you had submitted anything until I just saw this. PT why would you submit your work to my site if you thought it's ugly? And even if I had declined your work, all this sour grapes bullshit wasn't even called for. And Napo. what the fuck are you talking about?

I didn't say anything about your site turning me down, so I don't know what you're on about there.

As for your site's aesthetics, I don't like them, and agreed with Nappy about it. I didn't realize that I had to like the way it looked in order to submit.

I didn't have any sour grapes, but I do have misgivings now.

Tell you what, just delete my submission. You do not have my permission to publish any of it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Call me old. But these guys didn't ask me. Brian37 37 2003 September 26, 2020 at 4:58 pm
Last Post: Sal
  Better Call Saul onlinebiker 3 873 October 18, 2019 at 6:40 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Better Call Saul Aegon 9 1911 February 25, 2016 at 3:54 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  Graduate students compete in music video submissions Autumnlicious 0 860 January 24, 2011 at 3:23 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious