Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time Rider
Time Rider
I think this 1982 movie is just fucking awesome. I'm probably a minority here as there is a lot of criticism of it. I don't get much of it. The biggest criticism seems to be that the hero character doesn't realize until the very end that he has traveled back through time. It's a ridiculous criticism IMO. If you're riding a dirt bike through a remote area of desert and end up in Mexico in a village where people seem extremely backwards, I don't think your first thought is going to be that you somehow traveled back through time. The thought might very well occur to you but you are going to apply Occam's Razor. There are simpler explanations.

I think the acting is first-rate. Not that the actors are necessarily great but I think they were well cast in their particular roles. I think they all nailed it. That goes a long way.

The writing seems tight to me. The only major flubber is the pendant. It has no origin. It just travels in a temporal loop from 1875 to 1982. Small change in a time-travel movie.

The thing that really stands out for me is the music. No surprise here as the movie was created by a musician: Michael Nesmith of The Monkeys. I especially loved the part where Claire is bathing at the lake - so haunting beautiful - much like the character.

All in all, I think this movie is amazingly artistic and beautiful. It's a personal favorite though that might not appeal to the typical AF member.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
RE: Time Rider
I have one question:  Where do you get your special mushrooms?

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
From the air that I breath.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
Time Rider
I like the Knight Rider better. The opening music is just dreamy.
I could never get past the past the boring dipshit character of Devin or the absolutely horrible acting of David Hasselhoff. Cool car though.

Albert Einstein
I am much more fond of Time Bandits from the year before.