Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 10:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello, Anyone interested in a debate?
Hello, Anyone interested in a debate?
Hello everyone;

I am interested in setting up a debate with someone regarding the need of an imaginary friend for morality. Please let me know if anyone is interested in participating in this debate in accordance with the rules specified. Thank you.
RE: Hello, Anyone interested in a debate?
Hello. Perhaps tell us something about yourself first, what brings you here and what your beliefs are. Once we get to know each other, I'm sure someone will engage you.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(May 21, 2015 at 3:50 pm)Anima Wrote: Hello everyone;

I am interested in setting up a debate with someone regarding the need of an imaginary friend for morality.  Please let me know if anyone is interested in participating in this debate in accordance with the rules specified.  Thank you.

So you admit your morality is based on the imaginary dictates of an imaginary friend.
(May 21, 2015 at 3:50 pm)Anima Wrote: I am interested in setting up a debate with someone regarding the need of an imaginary friend for morality. 

What, you going to argue the pro's to having an imaginary friend?

L.

O.

L.

I am interested in setting up a debate with someone regarding the need of an imaginary friend for morality.  Please let me know if anyone is interested in participating in this debate in accordance with the rules specified.  Thank you.

My pleasure.  My religious affiliation is Catholic (in which I am well studied in the theology).  I am subscribe to the philosophical school of realism.  I have numerous degrees in mathematics, engineering, business, and law.

What bring me to this sight is an interest in philosophical discourse and the subject of atheism which I wish to understand in greater detail.

(May 21, 2015 at 3:53 pm)Chuck Wrote:

So you admit your morality is based on the imaginary dictates of an imaginary friend.

I admit that any morality is based on an imaginary friend.  Including those of an atheist.  The difference being the theist imaginary friend is someone else and the atheist imaginary friend is their self.
Wait, are you saying that atheists are imaginary?

Ok, which idiot imagined me and can I get someone else, please?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
And I am an olympic-level triathlete with two impressively-proportioned penises called Clive and Gary.
I'm also a genius and can invent a new language every week, particularly ones built around requests for sexual debauchery.

A pleasure to make your acquaintance, sire.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
U wot m8.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(May 21, 2015 at 3:54 pm)Napoléon Wrote:
(May 21, 2015 at 3:50 pm)Anima Wrote: I am interested in setting up a debate with someone regarding the need of an imaginary friend for morality. 

What, you going to argue the pro's to having an imaginary friend?

L.

O.

L.
Isn't that the reason for an imaginary friend?  I am not aware of someone who makes an imaginary friend for the con's.

Ha Ha.  
Internal dialogue doesn't require an imaginary friend. If decentralizing the self interests you then Dialogical Self Theory may be something to look into.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free Will Debate Alan V 82 4189 November 27, 2021 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Debate Invitation John 6IX Breezy 3 662 September 1, 2019 at 2:05 pm
Last Post: John 6IX Breezy
Thumbs Up VOTE HERE: Final four questions for the Christian Debate vulcanlogician 43 4420 May 18, 2018 at 10:23 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  1st Call for Christian Only Debate: Our Role on AF Neo-Scholastic 132 16637 May 4, 2018 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Definitive Post On The Free Will v. Determinism Debate BrianSoddingBoru4 17 3193 September 3, 2016 at 11:20 pm
Last Post: Arkilogue
  Debate Challenge TruthisGod 127 19030 November 20, 2015 at 2:13 am
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Moral realism vs moral anti-realism debate is a moot point Pizza 1 1025 March 7, 2015 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Discussion on debate between Esquilax and His_Majesty. Esquilax 169 30480 November 16, 2014 at 2:43 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Can you help me debate better? Doggey75 20 3734 April 2, 2014 at 8:37 pm
Last Post: psychoslice
  Philosophical help with a Christian debate paulhe 25 7485 September 22, 2013 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: Faith No More