Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 10:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I feel pretty good about this.
I feel pretty good about this.
So I'm standing at the bus stop downtown, and some dude in a tie hands me a pamphlet.  Oooo is it mormons?  JW's?

Nope, a take a peek at it as he hands it to me, and in one fluid motion, I drop it in the recycling bin I'm next to.

Scientology, offering up "free personality tests".

Nope.
RE: I feel pretty good about this.
Sounds legit. I say I have MEO and i am on a fidelity contract with a better service. It seems to work on salesmen.
lol, and the only test result they give is prolly ' you're a Scientology type'
You should have torn it in half, so he could not retrieve it and give it to someone else.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
(May 22, 2015 at 3:18 pm)Neimenovic Wrote: lol, and the only test result they give is prolly ' you're a Scientology type'

Oh I dunno, Kitty fell in with them a couple of decades ago and they said in no undertain terms that she was not Scientology material - for which we are both happy.
(May 22, 2015 at 3:23 pm)Pyrrho Wrote: You should have torn it in half, so he could not retrieve it and give it to someone else.

That is because you never played a mafia game before.
(May 22, 2015 at 3:23 pm)Pyrrho Wrote: You should have torn it in half, so he could not retrieve it and give it to someone else.

Nag, it's a win-win.  The bin smelled strongly of piss and he would have had to dig it out.
(May 22, 2015 at 3:25 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(May 22, 2015 at 3:18 pm)Neimenovic Wrote: lol, and the only test result they give is prolly ' you're a Scientology type'

Oh I dunno, Kitty fell in with them a couple of decades ago and they said in no undertain terms that she was not Scientology material - for which we are both happy.

Congrats! I wonder what the cryteria are
While I've never been given a $cientology one, I've had leaflets thrust in my face many times. I usually do similar to CD, with the twist that I keep walking, take the paper, screw it up and throw it over my shoulder - bonus points for hitting them. My Sam would tell you that giving me a leaflet is another way of saying, "Here, throw this away for me". That's why she'd grab my arm and diplomatically steer me in another direction if she saw them before I did.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
You turned down a freebie?

Bold move cotton.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do atheists feel about name days? Der/die AtheistIn 25 2868 November 30, 2018 at 7:53 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  How did u feel when you deconverted? Lebneni Murtad 32 5035 October 27, 2018 at 10:29 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Any other atheists just feel an acute intolerance for religious people? WisdomOfTheTrees 93 14392 February 10, 2017 at 3:35 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  As a now 13 year old atheist I feel obligated to use 4chan ScienceAf 17 3584 December 30, 2016 at 6:36 pm
Last Post: brewer
  How do UK atheists feel about the Monarchy? drfuzzy 55 5890 November 14, 2016 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  I feel a bit relieved. Little Rik 238 24247 July 5, 2016 at 1:17 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  I hate Church and still feel obligated to go dragonman73 20 4431 May 2, 2016 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Does anyone else feel like this? dyresand 21 3966 December 11, 2015 at 6:54 am
Last Post: Joods
  Did your former religion ever make you feel broken? Cecelia 19 5447 November 11, 2015 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: abaris
  That's pretty important isn’t it because if awaralarki 8 3203 August 8, 2015 at 8:07 am
Last Post: c172