Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:24 pm

Poll: 1. Do we need to sort out the issue regarding people influencing the game by giving kudos? 2. What's the better solution?
This poll is closed.
1. Yes
0%
0 0%
1. No
30.00%
3 30.00%
2. Remove all kudos from the sub-forum
0%
0 0%
2. Make a rule advising people not to give kudos unless they're involved in the game, anyone who breaks it may be sent a warning/removed from the sub-forum.
70.00%
7 70.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kudos in the Mafia sub-forum (Poll)
Kudos in the Mafia sub-forum (Poll)
As per my contentions here: http://atheistforums.org/thread-33546-po...#pid949645

I thought we'd have a poll for anyone who plays Mafia and give people a say in what seems a fairer solution to the problems with kudos influencing games of Mafia (not that I even think they do for a second).

There's two questions involved in the poll. Does giving kudos affect the game to a point where something needs to be done about it and what is the better solution?

Also feel free to post your own thoughts on the matter below.
RE: Kudos in the Mafia sub-forum (Poll)
I think the whole thing is silly, but it could be easily cleared up by adding a rule that you can't kudos in a game unless you're alive in the game. We are all adults playing a friendly game together and there's no reason why we can't police ourselves.

Also, just wanted to add that I have never seen a case of an outsider influencing the game via kudos. Kudos are important in the game because during a quick moving discussion I can see who's agreeing with what.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
If the mod doesn't want dead zombies kudoing from the sidelines, just make a damn rule and put it in the rules section of the first post. It ain't that hard....
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

See posts #768 and #770 in the current game (#15 Lost) for why the kudos button was removed. You have to understand I had been awake for 40+ hours straight, almost all of that time looking at the thread or thinking about it. It was that single kudos that I took, in my sleep-deprived state at the time, as a signal that a supposedly dead character was still alive and it was from there that the wild theory that I 'died' for stemmed. Sorry guys for causing all this but if you look at your 'my kudos' button you'll see it's all still there, it's just not showing. Once CD turns it back on it will all come back I'm sure.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Petition Poll for username change Foxaèr 17 2104 March 7, 2021 at 9:38 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Sub forum suggestion Joods 2 976 July 15, 2018 at 2:25 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Giving kudos no longer available on mobile version? Foxaèr 4 1297 May 29, 2018 at 10:58 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  My Kudos brewer 7 1873 July 21, 2017 at 11:33 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Mafia permissions Aroura 2 783 April 29, 2017 at 9:37 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Mafia game threads showing in "Today's Posts" lists Ravenshire 18 6638 February 5, 2017 at 4:53 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  You already gave kudos - wrongly so abaris 7 1936 May 22, 2016 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Shoutbox Kudos! Edwardo Piet 4 1371 April 11, 2016 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Kudos/reputation LadyForCamus 69 13654 March 3, 2016 at 8:41 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Can We Have Specific Kudos? Rhondazvous 73 10481 January 22, 2016 at 12:42 pm
Last Post: vorlon13