Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Warm Welcome to All of You
Big Grin 
A Warm Welcome to All of You
Hey guys (and gals) !

Just joined this forum with only one intention: to learn.

I would believe that majority of you guys are atheists (or agnostics) and all the others are here to simply convert you to their respective religions ! Big Grin

I would however prefer learning about Atheism. And there are so many aspects to it that I cant possibly list it down here.

For example, Atheists rejects Bible and Quran, etc. as Books of God; rejects the concept of Afterlife; rejects the creation of Man, etc. etc. But what exactly are the arguments (with proofs) for all these rejections?

Further, Atheism believes in sovereignty of Man. but what do you mean by it? How would you define the concept of Freedom and Liberty in Atheism? And how do you propose we should live our collective lives, politically, economically, and socio-culturally? Are these any moralistic or ethical topics in this religion?

And so on and on and on. You would agree with me that real learning happens in real discussion where one point leads to another point and so on. So I am interested in engaging myself with learned Atheists--not the militant aggressive Atheists and especially not those who show disrespect of other beliefs

As for myself: I am a Muslim through and though. I believe that there is only ONE God, Allah, and that my proof is nothing but Quran. If you destroy Quran, you destroy my faith. Its as simple as that. Unfortunately, I personally believe, that heavy majority of Atheists know Bible very well and that they believe that since Bible is clearly not the word of God, any other book claiming to be so is also not the word of God. Its a convenience really. But that is not the truth. However, I DONT WANT TO discuss Quran. I want to learn Atheism.

Hopefully, this introduction was not boring. Again, I extend my heartiest and warmest welcome to all of you. Hopefully, I will make several cool friends during my stay

Peace.
RE: A Warm Welcome to All of You
Welcome to the forum!

(May 27, 2015 at 5:57 am)learncritic Wrote: Hey guys (and gals) !

I would believe that majority of you guys are atheists (or agnostics) and all the others are here to simply convert you to their respective religions !  Big Grin

I would however prefer learning about Atheism. And there are so many aspects to it that I cant possibly list it down here.
Ok, so far I'm optimistic.
Quote:For example, Atheists rejects Bible and Quran, etc. as Books of God; rejects the concept of Afterlife; rejects the creation of Man, etc. etc. But what exactly are the arguments (with proofs) for all these rejections?
I'll answer with an example: I have an invisible dragon which will haunt you forever in the afterlife if you don't praise me and give me all your money. I even have an old book that vaguely states something to that effect, and an Angel told me that it is so. Now, I'm sure you have proof that this dragon (who is a really nasty character, rest assured) does not exist. Why else would you refrain from giving me all your money?

Quote:Further, Atheism believes in sovereignty of Man.
I don't know what that means
Quote:but what do you mean by it?
Wait, you put words in my mouth and now I'm supposed to explain them to you?
Quote:How would you define the concept of Freedom and Liberty in Atheism?
I live in a democracy with a set of human rights written into law. That's a pretty good start, even if there are some improvements I'd like to propose.
Quote:And how do you propose we should live our collective lives, politically, economically, and socio-culturally? Are these any moralistic or ethical topics in this religion?
I don't understand the question. What religion?
Quote:And so on and on and on.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Hi critic Hi

What the smartypants above said
Matey, there is other muslim athiests here ... I'm sure it might be better hearing it from them...

(Prince! where are you! ...stop playing with your fucking angel and get your arse over here)
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Welcome aboard critic and learn! Tongue
Alex K already addressed your point pretty much as I would have... so enjoy that and remember this is the intro section - we don't like it when discussions break out around here. Take it to other sections of the forum... I'm guessing you could post all your questions in here: http://atheistforums.org/forum-2.html

EDIT: oh, and about destroying the qur'an... maybe we'll talk about that in the near future! Wink
Hi welcome Smile

I'm happy to answer your questions as best I can.

The first thing is to be careful who exactly you are asking about. It sounds like you are treating atheists and sceptics (those who reserve belief until such time as convincing evidence is presented) as the same thing. Most sceptics are probably atheists, and many atheists are sceptics. But not all. And not all sceptics will have come to the same conclusions about everything either. So please try and be clear who you are addressing Smile There can be atheists who don't trust science, believe in ghosts, an afterlife, anything at all except gods.

Atheism simply means not having an active belief that there is one or more gods. That's it. You can't assume anything further about any particular atheist without adding your own assumptions about why they might be an atheist. It may be for any number of reasons.

You may find my website useful, I've written a lot about all these subjects:

http://robvalue.wix.com/atheism#!what-is-atheism/c57k

http://robvalue.wix.com/atheism#!what-at...s-not/ceob

[I hope it doesn't look like I'm a spamming whore with my website everyone, I mention it to people because I honestly believe it will help and save explaining many things over and over.]
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

I would believe that majority of you guys are atheists (or agnostics) and all the others are here to simply convert you to their respective religions !  Big Grin
[...]

No, they're mostly here for our amusement. 

Welcome and may the Everlasting Mercy of the Invisible Dragon be with you... 

Be careful not to learn too much, or your faith may be in trouble. Wink
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw

For example, Atheists rejects Bible and Quran, etc. as Books of God; rejects the concept of Afterlife; rejects the creation of Man, etc. etc. But what exactly are the arguments (with proofs) for all these rejections?

Further, Atheism believes in sovereignty of Man. but what do you mean by it? How would you define the concept of Freedom and Liberty in Atheism? And how do you propose we should live our collective lives, politically, economically, and socio-culturally? Are these any moralistic or ethical topics in this religion?

And so on and on and on. You would agree with me that real learning happens in real discussion where one point leads to another point and so on. So I am interested in engaging myself with learned Atheists--not the militant aggressive Atheists and especially not those who show disrespect of other beliefs

As for myself: I am a Muslim through and though. I believe that there is only ONE God, Allah, and that my proof is nothing but Quran. If you destroy Quran, you destroy my faith. Its as simple as that. Unfortunately, I personally believe, that heavy majority of Atheists know Bible very well and that they believe that since Bible is clearly not the word of God, any other book claiming to be so is also not the word of God. Its a convenience really. But that is not the truth. However, I DONT WANT TO discuss Quran. I want to learn Atheism.

Hopefully, this introduction was not boring. Again, I extend my heartiest and warmest welcome to all of you. Hopefully, I will make several cool friends during my stay

Peace.

Ahw, you remind me of Rayaan. Where is he anyway, I miss his smile.

Welcome and remember that there is no need for a god to be good. If there is a god, it can't judge you for how... imperfect it made you.
Hello, OP Smile

You say you want to "learn atheism"? Well, you're in luck! It's pretty simple:

Atheism= lack of belief in god/ gods.

You're welcome.
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
Quote: I believe that there is only ONE God, Allah, and that my proof is nothing but Quran.

This will not go well.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hi all - new here is all.... val5662 15 2144 March 18, 2017 at 6:04 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  Warm Greetings Janice_Spokes 20 3320 May 23, 2016 at 5:18 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  You all did it... Thank you Qwest 28 3680 December 12, 2015 at 9:01 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  welcome JBrentonK! JBrentonK 40 4289 October 14, 2015 at 4:13 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Welcome Assholes. fattychan 19 2837 May 27, 2015 at 5:56 pm