Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 2:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Macroevolution
Macroevolution
Is this

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/

A decent explanation and proofs of macroevolution?
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
RE: Macroevolution
Yeah but for a more ordered presentation (complete with actual evolutionary experiments) get a hold of Richard Dawkins' "The Greatest Story Ever Told."
Macro/micro evolution was made up by creationists was it not? And so, hence, it should never be addressed with seriousness until they are corrected of this fact. So-called 'macro' evolution is merely so called 'micro' evolution over a huge timescale.

You get creationists saiyng that they'll happily believe in 'micro' evolution meaning evolution within a species, but they do not believe that a chimpanzee will ever give birth to a human for instance (as it of course won't!!, that's not how evolution works.). This so-called 'macro' evolution they speak of is of course impossible and utterly ridiculous, there is really only 'micro' over long periods of time. But neither so-called 'micro' or 'macro' evolution should be addressed with any seriousness because creationists are fucking confusing things with their made up redefining bullshit (See also: Creationists who say evolution is "only a theory" (wrongly confusing the colloquial sense of 'theory' with the scientific sense)) - right?

EvF
macroevolution = microevolution + time
Exactly. Only in much less words than me (I'm so annoying, I know).

But as I said, such terms are often utilized (and were coined by?) creationists, were they not?

EvF
Boo! There is no such thing as Micro or Macro Evolution. It is all just EVOLUTION!

Micro/Macro is a retarded thing creationists came up with because they CAN'T deny the fact evolution happens.
T H E • M U L T I V E R S E • T H E O R Y
(April 19, 2010 at 9:56 am)TheMultiverseTheory Wrote: Micro/Macro is a retarded thing creationists came up with because they CAN'T deny the fact evolution happens.

Sure, they can deny it. They deny it all the time. Just like I can deny that 2+2=4. That's why it's so frustrating to argue with these imbeciles. No matter how much evidence you show them, they simply deny the evidence. If these morons ran the justice system it would be impossible to convict anyone!
Science flies us to the moon and stars. Religion flies us into buildings.

God allowed 200,000 people to die in an earthquake. So what makes you think he cares about YOUR problems?
(April 19, 2010 at 10:11 am)Thor Wrote:
(April 19, 2010 at 9:56 am)TheMultiverseTheory Wrote: Micro/Macro is a retarded thing creationists came up with because they CAN'T deny the fact evolution happens.

Sure, they can deny it. They deny it all the time. Just like I can deny that 2+2=4. That's why it's so frustrating to argue with these imbeciles. No matter how much evidence you show them, they simply deny the evidence. If these morons ran the justice system it would be impossible to convict anyone!

Here in America, they do run the justice system and they convict EVERYONE possible for the most ridiculous reasons (Damien Echols anyone?)
(April 19, 2010 at 10:19 am)TheMultiverseTheory Wrote: Here in America, they do run the justice system and they convict EVERYONE possible for the most ridiculous reasons (Damien Echols anyone?)

OJ Simpson?
Science flies us to the moon and stars. Religion flies us into buildings.

God allowed 200,000 people to die in an earthquake. So what makes you think he cares about YOUR problems?
(April 19, 2010 at 10:35 am)Thor Wrote:
(April 19, 2010 at 10:19 am)TheMultiverseTheory Wrote: Here in America, they do run the justice system and they convict EVERYONE possible for the most ridiculous reasons (Damien Echols anyone?)

OJ Simpson?
OJ Simpson doesn't count. He's one of them. Sort of. He's one of them, but he's black. He got jailed the second time!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Genesis Creation vs. Darwin's Macroevolution Myth Alter2Ego 190 73576 August 23, 2013 at 6:14 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  DARWIN'S MACROEVOLUTION: Why Unscientific? Alter2Ego 136 88780 May 27, 2012 at 3:37 pm
Last Post: Epimethean