Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ID4 2
ID4 2
I just wanted to let everyone know that I think that the fact that Will Smith refused a part in ID4 2 unless paid an exorbitant salary is fucking rude. That movie helped him break out of television and into cinema - maybe not THE movie, but it was certainly one of them on the way up. He returned for MIB 2 and MIB 3. The least he could have done was to return in a reduced role, support those who supported him in first place.
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
RE: ID4 2
That's true.

Are they seriously planning several sequels?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I think the fact that they're making a sequel to that movie is fucking rude. It insults my intelligence that all Hollywood can produce is regurgitated, re-hashed, re-made bullshit.

But yeah, fuck Will Smith, too. He's a prima donna whose ego far, far outweighs any talent that may be lurking beneath his narcissism. And he turned is his kids into ego-maniacs, too.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(June 1, 2015 at 10:08 am)Alex K Wrote: That's true.

Are they seriously planning several sequels?

They are apparently making three sequels back to back, yes.
Fucking BRING IT, says I. Let's have ourselves an absurdly over the top, hammy alien invasion space trilogy Big Grin
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
My take is different. The studio is going to be making a lot of money, and so Will Smith wants his cut of the pie. I don't blame him for that.

If I had as much money as he has, I would not agree to make a film, unless either I really loved the script and believed in the film, or they paid me a lot of money. My guess is, the script for this is such that I would be looking for the money, not satisfaction with participating in a masterpiece.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
He couldeth been Space Obama! But yeah if he can return to "Bad Boys 3" he's obviously a fly that likes it's turds so he could of done this as well. So who knows maybe this turns out to be a good movie since Smith also refused to be Neo in the "Matrix".
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
So the jig is here and critics seem to be saying "It's a big dumb movie that you may enjoy if you turn off the thinking" well you definitely get more then from religion in terms of turning off thinking.

Anyway I remember reading in Carl Sagan's biography how Sagan was dying in the hospital while the 1st one played in cinemas and how Ann went to see it all appalled because people were gorging to this violent portrait of aliens fiesta while their movie (Cosmos) bombed year before.
Well all I can say is that "Cosmos" was pretty cheesy movie and, let's face it, dumb but was it dumber then ID4 ("This is checkmate")? Maybe I could open a vs topic...
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
I probably should be embarrassed to admit it, but ID4 is a favorite of mine. Put my brain in neutral, turn up the subwoofer, and watch the shit hit the fan.

I rarely see movies in theaters, but I have been thinking about ID4 2, just cuz it looks fun and stupid.

As for Will Smith, JFC, take a percentage you twit !!!

Damn, who's his fucking agent, William Morris ??

Fucking detards . . . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(June 1, 2015 at 10:40 am)Faith No More Wrote: I think the fact that they're making a sequel to that movie is fucking rude.  It insults my intelligence that all Hollywood can produce is regurgitated, re-hashed, re-made bullshit.

But yeah, fuck Will Smith, too.  He's a prima donna whose ego far, far outweighs any talent that may be lurking beneath his narcissism.  And he turned is his kids into ego-maniacs, too.

I heard that the first mom on Fresh Prince of Bel Air was fired partly because she couldn't get along with Smith.  She says that, actually, but I don't know if it's true.  Personally, I think it was just because she was too black.

That being said, the draw provided by Smith, talent or not, would be worth many many millions of dollars-- maybe hundreds of millions. It seems to me unless he has a particular love for the project, then he might as well see how much of that money they're willing to send him. Why shouldn't he?
I didn't watch ID4:2 but the concept seems lazy. They should have gone bigger and made it a war in the whole solar system, considering that Humans have very advanced tech.