Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:27 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi from Michigan
Hi from Michigan
I have been reading Tiberius's blog for a bit, and he recently posted a blog entry written from a theist on the board. I was intrigued about this board, as it's difficult to find people who are like minded in real life.

I live in Ann Arbor, Michigan, with my husband and my cat. I'm a midwifery student who pays the bills by working as a florist. My family's mostly Catholic, as is my husband's family. Our lack of religion only becomes an issue when big life events occur. Marriage was one of those flash-points (and that whole living together beforehand); children is another one of those flash points.

I'm hoping that this place'll having some good discussions and that I'll have an opportunity to continue learning. Here's to happy chatting!
Merrie

My candle burns at both ends
It will not last the night;
But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends -
It gives a lovely light.
Edna St. Vincent Millay, "A Few Figs from Thistles", 1920
US poet (1892 - 1950)
RE: Hi from Michigan
Welcome to the forums, glad you enjoy my blog Big Grin
Hello, MerrieMelodyxx,

Welcome! I hope we can have some good discussions. Excuse my ignorance, but what is a 'midwifery student,' I have never heard of that.
Midwife usually means a person who assists in the delivery of babies. I guess she must be in training Smile
(November 30, 2008 at 5:24 pm)Tiberius Wrote: Midwife usually means a person who assists in the delivery of babies. I guess she must be in training Smile

I know what a midwife is but I didn't know that they are still around and thought that maybe it was some application I hadn't thought of.
(November 30, 2008 at 5:27 pm)Daystar Wrote:
(November 30, 2008 at 5:24 pm)Tiberius Wrote: Midwife usually means a person who assists in the delivery of babies. I guess she must be in training Smile

I know what a midwife is but I didn't know that they are still around and thought that maybe it was some application I hadn't thought of.

Daystar, your mind will explode any day now!
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?

I know what a midwife is but I didn't know that they are still around
What so babies magically deliver themselves? Tongue
(November 30, 2008 at 6:07 pm)bozo Wrote: Daystar, your mind will explode any day now!

If it hasn't happened by now I don't think it is possible. Not enough material there to work with. My dear old Grandmother used to tell me I wasn't worth the powder to blow my own head off.

Ah, happy times ...
(November 30, 2008 at 6:21 pm)Daystar Wrote:
(November 30, 2008 at 6:07 pm)bozo Wrote: Daystar, your mind will explode any day now!

If it hasn't happened by now I don't think it is possible. Not enough material there to work with. My dear old Grandmother used to tell me I wasn't worth the powder to blow my own head off.

Ah, happy times ...

Your old granny sounds very wise!
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
(November 30, 2008 at 6:11 pm)Tiberius Wrote:

I know what a midwife is but I didn't know that they are still around
What so babies magically deliver themselves? Tongue

Well, Bill Cosby wasn't a midwife, was he? I really thought that the medical profession had done away with them - burned them all, in fact, at Salem. I should probably keep quiet from this point on. :idea:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello from Michigan Jeri 21 4929 May 4, 2010 at 1:53 pm
Last Post: Darwinian