Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 7:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Terrorist attack in France, Lyon
Terrorist attack in France, Lyon
http://edition.cnn.com/2015/06/26/europe/france-attack/

Quote:One person has been beheaded and two people injured in a terrorist attack at a U.S.-owned gas factory near Lyon in southeastern France, President François Hollande said Friday.

The suspect's contacts with Muslim fundamentalists, and reports that Islamist flags or writings were found at the scene, point to a possible Islamist extremist motive.

I'm surprised to see no one has posted this in AF yet - Since it's still being developed and facts are not 100% determined until now I won't make any deep comments on the issue but it seems to be an attack by a Muslim against an American factory.

Quote:Witness: Islamist flags
Quote:Agence France-Presse news agency earlier reported that a suspected Islamist attacker pinned a severed head covered with Arabic writing to the gates of the factory, in an industrial area in the small town of Saint-Quentin-Fallavier, between Lyon and Grenoble.

A source cited by BFMTV also said a severed head had been put in front of the company, next to which was found an Islamist flag. CNN has not been able to confirm the report independently.

A man described as a witness, whose name was given as Patrice, also told BFMTV that a group of men carrying Islamist flags forced their way into the factory, beheaded a person and targeted gas tanks.

Le Monde newspaper cited unidentified sources as saying that two people rammed a vehicle into the building, causing the explosion. Banners in Arabic that haven't yet been examined were found at the scene, the paper added.

The Paris prosecutor's office said its anti-terrorism section was opening an investigation into the attack.
It is investigating possible murder and assassination attempts by organized gangs in relation to a terrorist enterprise; destruction and degradation resulting from explosive materials by organized gangs in relation to a terrorist enterprise; and terrorist conspiracy to commit crimes against people, the prosecutor's office said.

I'm going to wait a little more until I can make deeper comments and I don't want to run the risk on assuming things beforehand and getting kicked in the ass later.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

RE: Terrorist attack in France, Lyon
Not one muslim. At least 2. And I wouldn't be surprised if more people were behind it, especially because of the links with ISIS. This was definitely a co-ordinated attack.

*edit, scratch that, just saw your quote says a 'group' of men.
Crying shame what some do in the name of religion.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(June 26, 2015 at 5:38 pm)Napoléon Wrote: Not one muslim. At least 2. And I wouldn't be surprised if more people were behind it, especially because of the links with ISIS. This was definitely a co-ordinated attack.

*edit, scratch that, just saw your quote says a 'group' of men.
Yes - It seems to be a coordinated well planned attack. The only reason I'm not commenting on details is because authorities are still gathering info and most media attention is shifted towards Tunisia. I'm trying to find out the motive behind this as there is always one (like offending someone) - At least one person was beheaded and a sickening episode followed.

I'm not particularly mad at all Muslims, I'm just enraged by how much violence abrahamic religions cause, it's just idiotic, sometimes I forget about it until something like this happens. I also heard on Portuguese TV that Spain was on alert because of terrorists crossing the border but I can't confirm that yet.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

(June 26, 2015 at 6:41 pm)Dystopia Wrote: I'm not particularly mad at all Muslims

In a way I am and in a way I ain't.

Like, ofcourse not every muslim is violent and evil. However Islam itself is barbaric and cruel. This makes me weary of anyone who labels themselves muslim (same goes for any religious label). It's also enraging that so many people sit back and make claims that Islam is somehow a religion of peace when it is demonstrably not. The people who identify as muslims, make me mad. Why? Because clearly they are content to still believe this dogma that only ever has its day when something barbaric and evil is happening. It was formed entirely on conquest and jihad.

Ofcourse, Abrahamic religions in general are all barbaric in their own ways, and Islam is merely the one that seems to be in the limelight so to speak in this current age. I'm as mad at Catholics for still being Catholic even after their church rapes thousands of children, and has throughout history caused so many other atrocities.

People in general make me mad. A lot of people are fucking stupid and ignorant and willingly believe in bullshit even when it is so clearly vile and abhorrent.

Is it right to say that this is a problem then with people as opposed to their religions? I think it's both.

Probably gone off on a tangent here, having a bit of a rant, but I'm becoming increasingly disillusioned with the human race in general. How can so many believe in something that allows for, and even promotes this mind-bending evil, and at the same time call it righteous. I am starting to view humans as a plague on this earth. Even the ones who sit by and get on with their lives like everything's okay. There seems to be more evil than good knocking around. When are the ones who call themselves good and honest going to wake up and smell the fucking coffee? Kick out this plague that is religion. We as a species need to be fucking done with it. All it does is suppress, dumb down and destroy and hope of intellectual thought and any semblance of progress.
(June 26, 2015 at 7:08 pm)Napoléon Wrote:
(June 26, 2015 at 6:41 pm)Dystopia Wrote: I'm not particularly mad at all Muslims

Like, ofcourse not every muslim is violent and evil. However Islam itself is barbaric and cruel. This makes me weary of anyone who labels themselves muslim (same goes for any religious label). It's also enraging that so many people sit back and make claims that Islam is somehow a religion of peace when it is demonstrably not. The people who identify as muslims, make me mad. Why? Because clearly they are content to still believe this dogma that only ever has its day when something barbaric and evil is happening. It was formed entirely on conquest and jihad.

Ofcourse, Abrahamic religions in general are all barbaric in their own ways, and Islam is merely the one that seems to be in the limelight so to speak in this current age. I'm as mad at Catholics for still being Catholic even after their church rapes thousands of children, and has throughout history caused so many other atrocities.

People in general make me mad. A lot of people are fucking stupid and ignorant and willingly believe in bullshit even when it is so clearly vile and abhorrent.

Is it right to say that this is a problem then with people as opposed to their religions? I think it's both.

Probably gone off on a tangent here, having a bit of a rant, but I'm becoming increasingly disillusioned with the human race in general. How can so many believe in something that allows for, and even promotes this mind-bending evil, and at the same time call it righteous. I am starting to view humans as a plague on this earth. Even the ones who sit by and get on with their lives like everything's okay. There seems to be more evil than good knocking around. When are the ones who call themselves good and honest going to wake up and smell the fucking coffee? Kick out this plague that is religion. We as a species need to be fucking done with it. All it does is suppress, dumb down and destroy and hope of intellectual thought and any semblance of progress.

I hear ya Napoleon. I have sometimes felt the same way about humanity, have pretty much lost hope for a brighter better future. Humanity keeps getting in it's own way for two primary reasons: 1. Stupidity and 2. Religion. Most times they go hand in hand.
"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."--Thomas Jefferson
I would say greed first, then religion.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
I fear this is Gods judgement for the crimes against marriage that have taken place in the western world. When the Roman Empire fell into decadence God swept it away and let it fall to the pagan barbarians, now God is using the Mohammadans to purge the sins of the west.
(June 27, 2015 at 9:47 am)PiousPaladin Wrote: I fear this is Gods judgement for the crimes against marriage that have taken place in the western world. When the Roman Empire fell into decadence God swept it away and let it fall to the pagan barbarians, now God is using the Mohammadans to purge the sins of the west.

Oh fuck off and die you stupid fucking troll.
(June 26, 2015 at 7:08 pm)Napoléon Wrote:

I can relate to this. My concern and anger right now isn't to go out with an anti-Islam sign, but one saying "humans suck", because it's the truth - We live and pretend to be special when we can act as irrationally as other animals. Everyone suffers some kind of delusion at some point, it's normal, but some people take it too far. I can't really judge people who are not me - If I was raised by ISIS, maybe I would be blowing myself up at the age of 10. I'm actually ok with those eastern religions and the whole meditation thing (not that I think it's true, but it doesn't bother me), but Abrahamic religions really suck. I actually have lots of Christian friends, and I've met a Muslim in real life, so it's not like I think they're all bad because it's far from the truth, but it still sucks. I'm beginning to wonder if our extinction would be that bad... To some degree, it seems natural for humans to group themselves, hate other groups and kill each other - It has happened before Christianity and arguably since we exist as a species (same for our ancestors). There are some people who stand aside and fight against the die - Mostly exceptions. I don't think all violence and killing is bad and unjustified, but so much of it is - I could name (But I'm not) some people who could have been killed yesterday and humanity would have greatly benefited from it, but instead they decided to behead a random person because "religion said so".

As usual, François Hollande is saying this has nothing to do with Islam (he also said the attacks in Tunisia are not related to France, which there is no evidence until now so he's not wrong on that) and so are other news outlets and politicians. People need to wake up. If every Muslim was like Reza Aslan or Majid Nawaz we wouldn't have any problems.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Attack on Russian Concert Hall Ravenshire 11 490 March 27, 2024 at 11:14 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Poland, Germany, France all love me Brian37 4 1597 April 21, 2023 at 7:05 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Terror attack at UK hospital downbeatplumb 6 488 November 15, 2021 at 10:17 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  BREAKING: Muslims confronting ISIS terrorist and save Austrian Wounded Cop. WinterHold 18 1241 November 5, 2020 at 12:25 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  IS attack on Kabul Uni Foxaèr 4 480 November 3, 2020 at 8:58 am
Last Post: brewer
  Charlie Hebdo republished "Mohammed Cartoons" to mark terrorist attack trial Fake Messiah 3 413 September 3, 2020 at 3:26 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Greta Thunberg: adults who attack her ‘must feel threatened’ EgoDeath 148 8463 October 3, 2019 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Yellow Vest protests masked by a terrorist attack WinterHold 7 1365 December 14, 2018 at 9:01 am
Last Post: FatAndFaithless
  Vive L' France! Minimalist 6 570 November 14, 2018 at 5:08 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Terror attack in Melbourne this arvo. ignoramus 19 1530 November 10, 2018 at 4:12 pm
Last Post: no one