Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 2:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open Letter To Christians
Lightbulb 
Open Letter To Christians
Dear Christians,

The god of the bible has promised, without disclaimer, to grant any request made to him by his followers.  Millions of Christians prayed while protesting on court steps all over the US for their god to prevent the legalization of gay marriage.  No help.  Nine devout parishioners in a bible study were gunned down by a racist in their own “house of god.”  Was god there for them?  No help.  Leave prayer in our schools.  No help.  Leave the bible in our courtrooms.  No help.  Millions of innocent children stricken with Cancer.  No help.  Protect our church in this recent rash of tornados.  No help.  On and on and on it goes.  The pleas and desperate prayers of Christians just keep going unheard and unanswered. 

Well Christians, perhaps it isn’t that your god doesn’t like us – it’s that he doesn’t like you…
Hmmm, maybe your god doesn’t appreciate you muddying his name with the myriad of headlines that contain the reprehensible nature of "god-serving citizens."  These are taken word for word from recent news stories:

“Protesters of same-sex marriage were also there, calling others in the crowd perverts”…“Many of the protesters against same-sex marriage were not subtle, shouting and carrying signs such as “Fags are Beasts.””

"I saw you there (at the rally) on the side of the children of darkness. Christ is coming soon. Please don't be lost. The fires of Hell are real."

“it actually says in Leviticus 20:13 that if a man also lie with mankind as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination, they shall surely be put to death, their blood shall be upon them," said Anderson in the just over one-hour session. Prior to that, he had argued that women who wear mini-skirts were dressing like "whores" and that it was inappropriate for women to wear pants.”

“Council of Conservative Citizens a Christian hate group that routinely denigrates blacks as “genetically inferior,” complains about “Jewish power brokers,”    calls homosexuals “perverted sodomites,” accuses immigrants of turning America into a “slimy brown mass of glop,”

“a Christian lawyer living in California has proposed that the state start executing all gay people with bullets to the head.”

“A gay Tennessee couple was reportedly attacked — physically and verbally assaulted — by a Christian Pastor and his deacons to prevent the same-sex couple from entering the Pastor’s church. Sadly, the pastor is the father of one of the two members of the gay couple. Also sadly, the church members and bystanders did not lift a finger to help the couple or to stop church leaders from perpetrating the crime. Further, initially, local authorities refused to allow the couple to file charges.”

“Campus Crusade for Christ—now rebranded, ludicrously, as “Cru”—is a massive organization, and involved in some of the meanest homophobia-for-export in Africa.”

These are real legit stories.  There are thousands upon thousands of these sorts of stories all over the world.  Christians doing horrible things to anyone and everyone they disagree with and using your precious god as the almighty justification to be ignorant violent bigots.  Maybe you can’t catch a break any more because your god is just really sick of you.  Don’t get me wrong, I think he’s nothing more than the ink and paper machinations of primitive tent dwellers, but if you really believe he’s real, I think you should seriously consider that he just really can’t stand any of you.

Consider it, don’t consider it … it doesn’t matter.  Your religion is dying and it seems obvious to me that you Christians are the biggest reason for it's inevitable demise.  200 years from now, you will be a joke, and any remaining zealots will be a fringe cult that even your great great grand children will long to be rid of.

Ever Sincerely,

A Rational Reasonable Human Being
[Image: Evolution.png]

RE: Open Letter To Christians
(June 30, 2015 at 11:55 pm)Cinjin Wrote: Dear Christians,

The god of the bible has promised, without disclaimer, to grant any request made to him by his followers.  Millions of Christians prayed while protesting on court steps all over the US for their god to prevent the legalization of gay marriage.  No help.  Nine devout parishioners in a bible study were gunned down by a racist in their own “house of god.”  Was god there for them?  No help.  Leave prayer in our schools.  No help.  Leave the bible in our courtrooms.  No help.  Millions of innocent children stricken with Cancer.  No help.  Protect our church in this recent rash of tornados.  No help.  On and on and on it goes.  The pleas and desperate prayers of Christians just keep going unheard and unanswered. 

Well Christians, perhaps it isn’t that your god doesn’t like us – it’s that he doesn’t like you…
Hmmm, maybe your god doesn’t appreciate you muddying his name with the myriad of headlines that contain the reprehensible nature of "god-serving citizens."  These are taken word for word from recent news stories:

“Protesters of same-sex marriage were also there, calling others in the crowd perverts”…“Many of the protesters against same-sex marriage were not subtle, shouting and carrying signs such as “Fags are Beasts.””

"I saw you there (at the rally) on the side of the children of darkness. Christ is coming soon. Please don't be lost. The fires of Hell are real."

“it actually says in Leviticus 20:13 that if a man also lie with mankind as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination, they shall surely be put to death, their blood shall be upon them," said Anderson in the just over one-hour session. Prior to that, he had argued that women who wear mini-skirts were dressing like "whores" and that it was inappropriate for women to wear pants.”

“Council of Conservative Citizens a Christian hate group that routinely denigrates blacks as “genetically inferior,” complains about “Jewish power brokers,”    calls homosexuals “perverted sodomites,” accuses immigrants of turning America into a “slimy brown mass of glop,”

“a Christian lawyer living in California has proposed that the state start executing all gay people with bullets to the head.”

“A gay Tennessee couple was reportedly attacked — physically and verbally assaulted — by a Christian Pastor and his deacons to prevent the same-sex couple from entering the Pastor’s church. Sadly, the pastor is the father of one of the two members of the gay couple. Also sadly, the church members and bystanders did not lift a finger to help the couple or to stop church leaders from perpetrating the crime. Further, initially, local authorities refused to allow the couple to file charges.”

“Campus Crusade for Christ—now rebranded, ludicrously, as “Cru”—is a massive organization, and involved in some of the meanest homophobia-for-export in Africa.”

These are real legit stories.  There are thousands upon thousands of these sorts of stories all over the world.  Christians doing horrible things to anyone and everyone they disagree with and using your precious god as the almighty justification to be ignorant violent bigots.  Maybe you can’t catch a break any more because your god is just really sick of you.  Don’t get me wrong, I think he’s nothing more than the ink and paper machinations of primitive tent dwellers, but if you really believe he’s real, I think you should seriously consider that he just really can’t stand any of you.

Consider it, don’t consider it … it doesn’t matter.  Your religion is dying and it seems obvious to me that you Christians are the biggest reason for it's inevitable demise.  200 years from now, you will be a joke, and any remaining zealots will be a fringe cult that even your great great grand children will long to be rid of.

Ever Sincerely,

A Rational Reasonable Human Being
Hey Rational - citing hand-picked examples to prove a principle is well ugh... irrational.
Atheist Credo: An universe by chance that also just happened to admit the observer by chance.
He's talking to you, asshole.
Happy to see all religions go ... As long as they don't take away our Christmas holidays and the Easter long weekend! hehe
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Yeah, it’s funny how christians think they talk to god or have a personal relationship with him, and he answers all their pointless prayers, but when it comes to serious events involving many people being raped or murdered, he’s no where to be found. God cares about some random person getting healed from the common cold, but ignores people being slaughtered. Just more logic bible thumpers have to ignore, in order to continue to believe in pure stupidity.
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' -Isaac Asimov-
(June 30, 2015 at 11:55 pm)Cinjin Wrote:    “Council of Conservative Citizens a Christian hate group that routinely denigrates blacks as “genetically inferior,” complains about “Jewish power brokers,”    calls homosexuals “perverted sodomites,” accuses immigrants of turning America into a “slimy brown mass of glop,”

This exists. In 2015.

I'll go be a really sad panda now.
Christians know so little of their own book that they don't realize that no sodomy happened in Sodom, except perhaps what would have happened to the virgin daughters offered up for rape, an act that went unpunished. The townspeople allegedly wanted to "lie with Angels" of no specific gender.

So, do Angels have bum holes? They must have, if the accusation is that the Sodomites wanted to commit "Sodomy". And also, they have no other servicable holes that the people may have been lusting after, apparently. Where is the evidence for this? It sounds much more like God put a spell of irresistability over his own Angels; or that Angels are inherently irresistible.

Angels have bum holes, that is what Christians are telling me.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(July 1, 2015 at 5:50 am)robvalue Wrote: Christians know so little of their own book that they don't realize that no sodomy happened in Sodom, except perhaps what would have happened to the virgin daughters offered up for rape, an act that went unpunished. The townspeople allegedly wanted to "lie with Angels" of no specific gender.

So, do Angels have bum holes? They must have, if the accusation is that the Sodomites wanted to commit "Sodomy". And also, they have no other servicable holes that the people may have been lusting after, apparently. Where is the evidence for this? It sounds much more like God put a spell of irresistability over his own Angels; or that Angels are inherently irresistible.

Angels have bum holes, that is what Christians are telling me.

ROFLOL

Thank you for that, Rob Smile
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
You're welcome Big Grin

It was a new layer of stupidity that only occured to me today.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
snowtracks Wrote:Hey Rational - citing hand-picked examples to prove a principle is well ugh... irrational.
Stop cherry-picking from your obselete historically dubious sorry excuse for a book then. Either follow it to the absolute letter or don't follow it at all.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7792 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  New way: Open Source Christianity Born in Iran. A-g-n-o-s-t-i-c 28 4286 September 9, 2018 at 2:22 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Christian Teacher writes letter to school newspaper saying "Gays deserve to die" Divinity 68 18566 May 23, 2017 at 9:01 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  UMC -- open hearts, open minds. Ha! Jehanne 13 1859 June 24, 2016 at 6:36 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 31210 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Open letter to Christians Nihilist Virus 82 14417 March 21, 2016 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
Wink Greetings,I commence open challenge to anyone Grehoman Ebenezer 148 27639 September 25, 2015 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Christians. Prove That You Are Real/True Christians Nope 155 51145 September 1, 2015 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  JUST OPEN YOUR HEART, DAMMIT! Athene 174 32664 August 25, 2015 at 2:15 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Gods love letter to you evar 2 1604 August 2, 2015 at 12:34 am
Last Post: Jackalope