Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How eerily accurate...
How eerily accurate...
Sooo...I saw something on here about people who dress up as wizards and pretend to fight dragons...did you guys know I was coming or is there really somebody else here who does that?
Verbatim from the mouth of Jesus (retranslated from a retranslation of a copy of a copy):

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you too will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. How can you see your brother's head up his ass when your own vision is darkened by your head being even further up your ass? How can you say to your brother, 'Get your head out of your ass,' when all the time your head is up your own ass? You hypocrite! First take your head out of your own ass, and then you will see clearly who has his head up his ass and who doesn't." Matthew 7:1-5 (also Luke 6: 41-42)

Also, I has a website: www.RedbeardThePink.com
RE: How eerily accurate...
Just a news article about the Pope's visit to an alligator farm.
I think you were reading the Game of Thrones thread.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Oh, uhm - sure. Every 1st Friday of the month is "Dress Up As Wizards And Pretend To Fight Dragons Day" here.
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
(July 1, 2015 at 1:51 pm)Cato Wrote: Just a news article about the Pope's visit to an alligator farm.

I HOPE THEY EAT HIM, I HOPE THEY EAT HIM TO THE DEATH Angry

j/k c:
I think where I saw it was the forum description. I'm originally a LARP character based on the human that plays me, so I guess I'm really asking if there are any other LARPers in this forum. Personally, I've played mostly Old World of Darkness as well as a home-brew system that my local group is running right now.

I eventually figured out how to break the 4th wall and have a presence in the non-fictional world, but yeah...playing a game where I'm a wizard who fights (and sometimes eats) dragons is totally a thing I do, so I thought it was funny that that exact thing was mentioned in the description for the gaming forum.
Verbatim from the mouth of Jesus (retranslated from a retranslation of a copy of a copy):

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you too will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. How can you see your brother's head up his ass when your own vision is darkened by your head being even further up your ass? How can you say to your brother, 'Get your head out of your ass,' when all the time your head is up your own ass? You hypocrite! First take your head out of your own ass, and then you will see clearly who has his head up his ass and who doesn't." Matthew 7:1-5 (also Luke 6: 41-42)

Also, I has a website: www.RedbeardThePink.com
Great name, and you seem like a good sort.  Lose the font colour.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
You can keep the color for all I care, but I'm not wild about all bold type.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I think he bolds it bc it contrasts more with the background and is easier to read
He's OK.
Playing make believe is not the same as "actually" believing it ...
He's the least of our problems.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.