Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chick tracts
Chick tracts
For those of you who don't know about "Chick Tracts", they've been ridiculously popular with evangelical Xtians since the 1970's.  A looney hack cartoonist/failed pastor by the name of Jack T. Chick has made millions selling some of the most badly drawn, dangerously stupid material ever published.

He has had to withdraw a few, like the infamous "Lisa", which told a story about a child being repeatedly raped by her father and his friends. It ends with him "being saved" and from then on life is perfect because he won't do it anymore. (I have a .pdf copy.) There is another, still available, called "The Uninvited" that claims that all sexually abused children are demon-possessed and will become homosexual if they don't accept Jesus. This guy hates all other religions, all scientists, evolution, uppity women, all gays, and has a special type of tract called "black tracts" for his African-American readers. All of his tracts end with the promise of eternal hellfire if you don't accept Jesus RIGHT NOW.  Many of these cartoon tracts are targeted toward children.

https://www.chick.com/  

The reason I bring this up is that he is still going strong. He has huge numbers of fans. In 2012, he published a number of anti-global warming tracts. One called "It's Coming" teaches Xtian children a very different creation story.  The flood explanation is so laughable that even a bright 10-year-old should know it's ridiculous.  I think that we should post excerpts like the one following as memes to social networking sites.  I can't risk it until I change jobs though . . .  

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/5002/5002_01.asp         ( -- 12th line)

Sorry . . . was trying to post a picture from my computer, can't figure out how. I have nearly all of these as pdf's, if any one wants them. My Mother thought they were great.  

=== drfuzzy
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
RE: Chick tracts
That guy is proof that human evolution might be slowing down. Damn.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
(July 4, 2015 at 7:35 pm)Spooky Wrote: That guy is proof that human evolution might be slowing down. Damn.

He's either an evolutionary throwback, or one hella successful poe.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
I love Chick Tracts, I actually place copies on all the chairs in lecture theaters whenever I'm debating evangelicals and fundamentalists (part of the teaching here).

A nice spoonful of batshit fucking crazy before I speak usually nudges the room to side with me, after being told their going to hell for playing computer games or wearing sleeveless dresses it doesn't even usually matter what the other guys says Wink

My favorites are Dark Dungeons and the Halloween Children's special designed for the under tens, that last one really gets people mad. Which is unsurprising, it's pure bile.
Religion has always been a lucrative scam.  No one ever went broke selling horseshit to christards.
Yeah, some Christians believe that you can only find salvation through Christ, and that you can be forgiven for everything with the acceptance of Jesus Christ as your Lord and savior. Unfortinately, they are somewhat confused, and this belief by itself is counter productive and technically not correct, and causes them to unwittingly become hypocrites that mean well. This guy is definately a hypocrite of the worst sort and will be fanned if he doesn't get his shit together.

Christianity has a tendancy to claim that you cannot find the Lord, or repent for your sins unless you admit that Christ is the one and only God. This is nonsensical and was placed in the Bible by man. As I often say. You must read, knowing (a) it all has to be interpreted somewhat figuratively, and (b) that the Bible has definately been tampered with numerous times. With that being said, it is my understanding that Jesus was a perfect example of what we could be in ideal circumstances. He was a messenger like many before him. He was the most up right or straight standing of the messengers. Upon death he returned to the Lord in the form of energy. Similar to the energy we all have, except his was exponentially higher and purely good. So he returned to the source of all good just all all good does. With this being said it can also be said that Christ is Lord, he has literally become one with the Lord or whatever good is responsable for everything. So Christians are wrong in that they say you must accept Jesus Christ as your savior in order to be wiped clean or forgiven. That simply isn't true. If one is truly repentful, and with true Faith they will be forgiven for the most part. The only unforgivable sin I have found repeated through texts is deceit in reference to the truth(Lord). If Christians are more comfortable referring to the one God as Christ then that is also true.

Christianity will be a tougher crowd than you, surely. But Universal unity will only take a real want for good and meaning in life, patience and Faith.

Lol fanned- damned
Chick tracts
They even have cool tee shirts too.
[Image: d5d431ffcd173322a26753f6e533c873.jpg]
Most of the chick Tracts I have seen are about as well thought out (and effective) as Nancy Reagan and her 'Just say No' crappola.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(July 4, 2015 at 10:51 pm)KUSA Wrote: They even have cool tee shirts too.
[Image: d5d431ffcd173322a26753f6e533c873.jpg]

How a soulless (but otherwise attractive) ginger can help anyone achieve Salvation is somewhat mysterious to me.

Tongue
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I found one chick tract placed on the back of a public toilet. Perhaps the person thought that someone would think it was appropriate reading material. I dropped it into the metal box that women use to dispose of their feminine hygiene products. Another time I found one on a table that the zoo had set up with information on the chimp exhibit at the Asheboro Zoo. I threw it away.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Chick Tract ALERT !!! vorlon13 21 3996 May 3, 2016 at 11:34 am
Last Post: Huggy Bear
  Chick tracts - pdf form - downloadable drfuzzy 13 10601 February 7, 2016 at 2:44 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Jack Chick: Craziest Man Ever? EgoRaptor 26 5987 December 13, 2013 at 4:08 pm
Last Post: Chad32