Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Um.....
Um.....
What can you say?

Gators 1
Rednecks 0

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/04/us/texas-a...=obnetwork

Quote:Man mocks alligators, jumps in water and is killed in Texas
RE: Um.....
Shoe-in for a Darwin award.
Improving the breed.  Gotta love it.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I saw this. Apparently, he said, "Fuck the alligators," before he jumps in.

That's one of those phrases that if you utter it, chances are it's the last thing you say.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I can see the alligator swimming back to his buddies, getting high fives and going.....

(July 4, 2015 at 9:55 pm)Faith No More Wrote: I saw this.  Apparently, he said, "Fuck the alligators," before he jumps in.

That's one of those phrases that if you utter it, chances are it's the last thing you say.

I figured it was "Hold my beer and watch this".
This makes me like alligators.  I had no strong feelings about them before, but now I really like them.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
(July 4, 2015 at 10:38 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: I figured it was "Hold my beer and watch this".

That's a good one, but "Fuck the alligators" is on a whole different level. It's up there with "That biker looks like a pussy."
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(July 5, 2015 at 12:42 am)Faith No More Wrote:
(July 4, 2015 at 10:38 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: I figured it was "Hold my beer and watch this".

That's a good one, but "Fuck the alligators" is on a whole different level.  It's up there with "That biker looks like a pussy."

Point taken.
Another example of the phenomenon?

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/07/maine-ma...instantly/

Quote:Maine man tries to launch fireworks off top of his head, dies instantly

Quote:Maine Department of Public Safety spokesperson Stephen McCausland said that Staples placed a mortar tube on his head at around 10 p.m. and set it off. Staples was reportedly killed instantly from a fatal head injury caused by the explosion.

I hope someone finished his beer.