Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 28, 2024, 5:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corrections
Corrections
Some of us make a lot of typing mistakes for a bunch of reasons. Some of us don't speak english as a first language, maybe, and don't even reside in a country of english speakers, perhaps. I made this thread so we could correct one another's mistakes be they minor, major, grammatical, or of whatever kind, whenever we encounter them and wish for the speaker to achieve greater literacy.
I'm aware some of us may actually know the difference(may aknowledge their own errors, otherwise said), but then, some might not, and so I don't see why that should hinder this kind of endeavour. Besides, those of us who constantly make the same mistakes, can't possibly maintain that they do it out of oversight or for some other reason.

I hope you'll like my idea and if you do, here's some guidelines:
  • Press the Find button on a post to find it and link it along with your correction on it, or just link the whole page where you find said post.
  •  Quote only the parts you find problematic and correct them. You may use the hide formatting for larger content, like so: 

• Never be rude about it out of the blue(without even allowing for the person you're correcting to respond).
This stuff may be obvious to some of you, but then again, I'm not exactly trying to preach to the choir here, but rather to the sheep(excuse the punny underlying metaphor).

You don't have to respect my definition of what might constitute a mistake, but try to make sense when you're correcting somebody, and be constructive in doing so.

[Image: 639234.jpg]
RE: Corrections
Um, what?
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Corrections
Thread closed pending staff review.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---