Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 2:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Irrational fears
Irrational fears
Having unstable internet connection makes me uneasy, and knowing it could go away permanently or for who knows how long is fucking terrifying.

Not being in contact with people I know online, or just anybody in the rest of the world is seriously stressful to me. I ended up begging this shitty router to work, on the verge of panic ._.
I guess it's not *entirely* irrational, but it shouldn't be enough to get me this anxious.

I have loads of irrational fears. Please tell me I'm not the only one.

and if you could spare an internet hug, I'd be very grateful ._.
RE: Irrational fears
(July 8, 2015 at 5:05 pm)Neimenovic Wrote: and if you could spare an internet hug, I'd be very grateful ._.

Here it comes, mate. Big Grin

[Image: enhanced-buzz-14784-1370878888-34.jpg]

I don't have any irrational fears. Well, except may be the fear of flying, even though I've never set foot on a plane. But other than that...
[Image: OAsWbDZ.png]
Not really fearful of anything I can think of, except fucking spiders.
I turn into a nervous wreck even if I see a small one.
You know why?
When I was about 10-12 years old, I was at a picnic, and a was leaning my hand on a 3 foot tree stump when I felt a tingle. I looked around and saw the biggest motherfucking hairy spider slowly walking casually over my hand. Time stood still for an eternity while the spider slowly walked over my hand.
I had time to study the different coloured rings around its legs.
I was beside myself ...I never recovered from that trauma.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Thanks A_BG Big Grin

igs, that's fucking creepy. one of the reasons I'm not going to Oz: big fucking spiders. *shivers*
Wasps.
Goddamn enfuckerating wasps.

The best evidence we have yet that The Devil exists, is active, and for some reason has it in for me.

Motherfucking shiteating turd-burgling wasps.

Cunting fucking shitting bastard fuck asshole felching bollock smacking wasps.

The main reason for this deep and powerful fear is being stung right on the crease of my arse when I was about 12. It felt like my entire right bumcheek was about to fall off and explode. Before that, when I was a toddler one crawled inside my ear and stayed in there for several minutes. It didn't sting me, but I think the little shit knew exactly how much power it held over me for the duration of the experience and buzzed off to have a wasp-wank over it, the fucking fuck.

So yeah, not a big fan of wasps.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
Holy shit Iro O_o

I fuckng hate wasps. They're creepy as fuck. I've never been stung so I'm scared that I'm allergic and will only find out when one does attack me

Recently some wasps built a nest right above my window. brrrr -_-

but now I'm not as afraid of them as I was. Must've killed dozens of those suckers when some got in through the open window. Manually, too. not bragging Big Grin

so you know, you got a wasp you want brutally murdered, you know who to call c:
(July 8, 2015 at 5:48 pm)Neimenovic Wrote: Thanks A_BG Big Grin

igs, that's fucking creepy. one of the reasons I'm not going to Oz: big fucking spiders. *shivers*

It's good you mentioned insects cuz I forgot to say about them too. I hate all sorts of insects. But I'm not sure whether it can be classified as an "irrational" fear.
2 years ago a strange (and big) insect somehow managed to make a 3 storeys jump and get in my room through the window. I didn't know what it was, what can I expect from it and add my insectophobia to all that, it didn't end well for that insect. But I had to beat it for nearly 90 minutes using a phone book since 1984 (400 pages) in order to kill it.
I have had a fear of heights. It used to be a bit problematic, but is manageable now. What I did to lessen the fear is to willfully expose myself to heights that frightened me, but in situations in which I was in control. When I got used to something, I would then expose myself to a greater height and get used to that. It is a commonly used tactic to desensitize one to one's fears. It takes a while, but it can improve things considerably. I highly recommend taking such steps to lessen irrational fears.

I still could not be a construction worker walking on an I-beam 50 stories up making a skyscraper. But my fear of heights is not a problem for normal things at this point.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
(July 8, 2015 at 6:29 pm)Pyrrho Wrote: But my fear of heights is not a problem for normal things at this point.

Try working on a Bulgarian gas station where you must walk on top of a moving (parking) tanker truck (on the semi-trailer, to be precise) to open hatches and valves preparing them for the flow of fuel while the truck parks. If you can do that without falling from the semi-trailer and without having dizziness, I'll declare you an official winner of own fears. Tongue 
I don't know what the job of American gas station workers is, but here in Bulgaria we're the ones to climb on top of the truck when it's time to refill the underground tanks.

However, I still wouldn't classify the fear of heights as an irrational fear. It's an integrated problem with one's vestibular system which is more of a health problem than a simple fear. Rolleyes
Horses.  I know that horses can be dangerous - people can get kicked, bitten, or thrown by them.  But that's what makes my fear of them irrational:  I've never been able to get close enough to a horse to risk being injured by one.

If I see a horse in a field, even hundreds of feet away, I have trouble breathing, I get cold sweats.  I can barely stand to see horses in a film or on telly.

And it's JUST horses.  I'm around other large animals with no problems at all.

Horses fucking terrify me.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson