Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 2:55 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Horus Gilgamesh
Horus Gilgamesh
Author of "the awkward moments children's bible".  Available on Amazon and on his website.
It's another collection of . . . well, awkward . . . bible verses, accompanied by nightmare-inducing (but colorful!) children's book style illustrations.
Oh, and no, I don't recommend it for children.  My favorite parts are HG's notes, sources, stories, and commentary on each verse at the end of each
book.    

Hardcore pentecostal evangelical fundamentalists would just brush off each example, saying the books are disrespectful, take things out of context, 
etc.  (The Amazon reviews are a fun read too.) But Xtians and Atheists alike have also praised the books for making them think and question and 
debate, while presenting the material in a very fun package.        Clap
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
RE: Horus Gilgamesh
That sounds like an interesting book but I wish I could read a sample chapter online
(July 14, 2015 at 8:18 pm)Nope Wrote: That sounds like an interesting book but I wish I could read a sample chapter online

Seconded.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
(July 14, 2015 at 8:30 pm)Spooky Wrote:
(July 14, 2015 at 8:18 pm)Nope Wrote: That sounds like an interesting book but I wish I could read a sample chapter online

Seconded.

Hi guys. I can't post a link, but Google "awkwardmomentsbible" and it will take you to his website - - lots of great examples.
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
I'll be buying 5 copies
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>