Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 2:45 pm

Poll: :)
This poll is closed.
i think so
22.81%
13 22.81%
i don't think so
47.37%
27 47.37%
other (please explain)
29.82%
17 29.82%
Total 57 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JESUS <3
JESUS <3
Worrrrrrd to the heathens!! Wink

So, do you think Jesus was a real person? I'm not asking if you think Jesus was divine, or if He performed miracles, or if He was crucified, died, and came back.

I'm simply asking if you think there was a man 2000ish years ago named Jesus who brought forth these new "ideas" that we now call Christianity.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
RE: JESUS <3
(July 15, 2015 at 6:59 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: I'm simply asking if you think there was a man 2000ish years ago

Almost certainly.

(July 15, 2015 at 6:59 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: named Jesus

Certainly not.

(July 15, 2015 at 6:59 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: who brought forth these new "ideas" that we now call Christianity.

What new ideas?
(July 15, 2015 at 6:59 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: So, do you think Jesus was a real person? I'm not asking if you think Jesus was divine, or if He performed miracles, or if He was crucified, died, and came back.

I know this was not the question asked but I thought it relevant all the same...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_of_Jesus
JESUS
There was many of them. All of them were nuts.
The line of evidence and reasoning I subscribe to names Jesus of Nazareth as a humanized retelling of an extant mythical character whose story takes place in celestial realms, not on Earth. I do not believe he was a historical human at all.
Verbatim from the mouth of Jesus (retranslated from a retranslation of a copy of a copy):

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you too will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. How can you see your brother's head up his ass when your own vision is darkened by your head being even further up your ass? How can you say to your brother, 'Get your head out of your ass,' when all the time your head is up your own ass? You hypocrite! First take your head out of your own ass, and then you will see clearly who has his head up his ass and who doesn't." Matthew 7:1-5 (also Luke 6: 41-42)

Also, I has a website: www.RedbeardThePink.com
Quote: I'm simply asking if you think there was a man 2000ish years ago named Jesus who brought forth these new "ideas" that we now call Christianity.

No way.
Do I think there was some nut job 2000ish years ago spouting off craziness? It could've happened but not likely
I don't think it matters. Apocalypticism was in the air, a story like the one we have would have sold well to the people in those times, whether it was based on a real man or not.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Dear Gawd. You've opened the wormiest of all cans. You'd have better luck getting us to agree on vertical vs horizontal rock crushers. (Horizontal, if memory serves)
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
(July 15, 2015 at 7:29 pm)Exian Wrote: Dear Gawd. You've opened the wormiest of all cans. You'd have better luck getting us to agree on vertical vs horizontal rock crushers. (Horizontal, if memory serves)

Not trying to get anyone to agree on anything. Just curious to know the answer. Shy
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In Christianity, Does Jesus' Soul Have Anything To Do With Why Jesus Is God? JesusIsGod7 18 7176 October 7, 2014 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  Jesus the Spiritual Warrior vs Jesus the Sacrificial Lamb Dosaiah 8 7361 December 5, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Minimalist