Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 12:33 am

Poll: Sick of Jesus?
This poll is closed.
Yes
67.65%
23 67.65%
No
17.65%
6 17.65%
Who?
5.88%
2 5.88%
Get out of my head, demon!
8.82%
3 8.82%
Total 34 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you sick of hearing about Jesus?
Are you sick of hearing about Jesus?
I'm sick of hearing about Jesus this, Jesus that, Jesus would do this or that.
It is very important not to mistake hemlock for parsley, but to believe or not believe in God is not important at all. - Denis Diderot

We are the United States of Amnesia, we learn nothing because we remember nothing. - Gore Vidal
RE: Are you sick of hearing about Jesus?
Not much you can do about it.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
You can have some fun with them.  They really hate having their godboy dissed.

But yeah....jesus is overrated.
Big Grin 
It all became clearer/more interesting when I realised that online Christian apologetics was really about sales - selling Jesus.

You can learn a lot as an anti-apologist by learning about sales techniques and how to deal with them (a useful thing to know about anyway).  Here's a typical sales techniques website which recommends, amongst other things:

Quote:Creating a collection of the most powerful, focused and persuasive sales presentations and sales scripts specifically for your business, that your sales professionals can use to consistently shatter industry sales records and effectively counter virtually every objection, stall or form of resistance you’re likely to hear so that you can close the sale. Because different prospects need to hear different responses, you need 15-20 different immediately available responses to each objection to achieve maximum effectiveness with the full range of prospects you’re likely to encounter. If the script or presentation doesn’t close the sale, it advances you more quickly to the close, builds a deep level of trust and sets you up for the next powerful piece of sales dialog.

Lots and lots of copy and pasting, in other words.  Just transform the language of a site like this and you've got a apologetics handbook.

So, rather than getting sick of hearing about Jesus, think of it all as opportunities to practice not buying a car, TV, whatever. Wink
The gods did not reveal, from the beginning,
All things to us, but in the course of time
Through seeking we may learn and know things better.

These things are, we conjecture, like the truth.

But as for certain truth, no man has known it,
Nor shall he know it, neither of the gods
Nor yet of all the things of which I speak.
And even if by chance he were to utter
The final truth, he would himself not know it:
For all is but a woven web of guesses.

Xenophanes

Not particularly. Except at work, maybe. And then usually about his Daddy. 

"God is good".
"Yes he is, girl. All the time!"
"God is so good."
"The Devil is liar. He hates that you wake up every morning!"
"I'm blessed and highly favored!" (in response to 'How are you?')
"I feel (or felt) it in my Spirit" (in a Very Serious Tone)
"Lord Jesus, help me find my...." (keys, handbag, i-phone, pen. But mostly keys)
Yes. Gtfo jesus ._.
Yeah, but not to the point where it bugs me overmuch. I live in the south, so it's "Jesus" this "Jesus" that.

What I'm more annoyed with is door to door proselytizers. I'm almost always polite in the first encounter, inform them I''m an atheist and that I'm not interested, but they inevitably take it as a challenge and I end up having to get nasty.
[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.
I don't know. I like the idea of a "perfect man." Don't know how it would look, I just like thinking about the possibility. Jesus' life gives me a platform off which to think of it. Although, I think there are better examples.
I picked "No"
Need to persevere in case he taps me on the proverbial shoulder one day ...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
No way! He's my bitch, my punching bag. I wail on him all day every day. I mention him myself just so I can ridicule myself.

I'm sure if I lived in a vocal religious area though, I'd be absolutely sick to the back teeth of hearing about him.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I'm sick and tired of Christianity Der/die AtheistIn 73 10529 December 29, 2017 at 4:04 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  9-year old girl hearing voices of the Devil. Jehanne 103 13879 July 19, 2016 at 3:16 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  Christians, would you have saved Jesus, if you had he chance? Simon Moon 294 34405 July 2, 2016 at 11:23 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Christians Make Me Sick ~ Eve th Nice Ones Rhondazvous 16 3273 May 17, 2016 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  In Christianity, Does Jesus' Soul Have Anything To Do With Why Jesus Is God? JesusIsGod7 18 7242 October 7, 2014 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  Oh jesus you naughty boy. You know what I like baby. Zidneya 32 9426 September 17, 2014 at 1:17 am
Last Post: Zidneya
  sick of your threats Christianity! atheist04330 12 2004 July 13, 2014 at 10:24 am
Last Post: Jenny A
  Sick Bastards Minimalist 18 4520 May 6, 2013 at 10:48 am
Last Post: FallentoReason
  Sacrifices are sick! Contradiction Alert!!! catfish 137 53279 August 14, 2012 at 7:09 am
Last Post: Zen Badger
  Awww man this is just sick Welsh cake 20 8763 July 11, 2012 at 12:47 pm
Last Post: Paul the Human