Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 11:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what kind of pet food do you like?
what kind of pet food do you like?
hey i got a parakeet 6 weeks ago and been trying to find the best food for her. seems like most other pets it comes down to organic vs. science formula, and as an atheist i try to support science every chance i can ( i saw this one organic food say it has holistic ingredients LOL, does that mean its made in a church with holy water or something? :S) but when i was in high school my golden retriever died from science formula because there was some mass food poisoning or something with lot of the dog foods so it kinda makes me scared to try a scientific food again. is it okay to try an organic blend? what do you recommend?

they say that pellets are the best thing for birds and harrisons makes ORGANIC pellets using scientfiic nutrition, but pellets arent a natural food for them and its been a pain getting her to eat harrisons...is this dr harvey a good one? it says its organic but its apparently also made by a doctor.

>snip<
RE: what kind of pet food do you like?
NO I WON'T BUY YOUR FUCKING BIRDSEED BITCH.
EDIT: You ninja'd me with the link. Out you go.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
I've smelled cat food, dog food and fish food. Fish food smelled best.

This needs a poll IMO
I've been fortunate not to have to eat pet food. lol
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
One thing for sure: Your bird will need more than seeds or it will live a short life. I'd be skeptical of prepared pellets too. You shouldn't have a hard time finding what you need to know through Google searches.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
Surprisingly smart for a FUCKING SCUMBAG SPAMBOT UNTERMENSCH.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
(July 19, 2015 at 12:14 pm)Rico Wrote: [...]
they say that pellets are the best thing for birds [...]

Yeah, it's called - birdshot.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
(July 19, 2015 at 12:14 pm)Rico Wrote: hey i got a parakeet 6 weeks ago and been trying to find the best food for her. seems like most other pets it comes down to organic vs. science formula, and as an atheist i try to support science every chance i can ( i saw this one organic food say it has holistic ingredients LOL, does that mean its made in a church with holy water or something? :S) but when i was in high school my golden retriever died from science formula because there was some mass food poisoning or something with lot of the dog foods so it kinda makes me scared to try a scientific food again. is it okay to try an organic blend? what do you recommend?

they say that pellets are the best thing for birds and harrisons makes ORGANIC pellets using scientfiic nutrition, but pellets arent a natural food for them and its been a pain getting her to eat harrisons...is this dr harvey a good one? it says its organic but its apparently also made by a doctor.

>snip<

You think your atheism should affect your choice of parakeet food?   Tongue   And if it says scientific formula on the label, it must be backed by the very latest nutritional research, right? Cool   And all pet foods labeled scientific formula are made by the same folks, right?   Tongue  

You're a poe right? Wink
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
[Image: cat-eating-bird.jpg]

Nice kitty.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  All kind of Agnostics people Eclectic 4 502 August 25, 2022 at 5:24 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  What Kind of Atheist are You? AFTT47 89 11592 May 2, 2015 at 6:45 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  as an atheist, what kind of morality do you foster in your lives? ticktaka 34 6308 April 19, 2014 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  kind of isolated k2490 11 2281 June 21, 2013 at 4:55 pm
Last Post: k2490
  What kind of atheist are you? frz 40 8447 April 17, 2013 at 10:43 pm
Last Post: Brayton.l
  What Kind of Atheist are you? SavageNerdz 32 10292 April 6, 2012 at 9:22 am
Last Post: Tempus
  What Kind of Atheist Am I? LunchBox 29 6098 September 12, 2011 at 8:51 am
Last Post: leo-rcc
  Food for The Eagle - Adam Savage speech leo-rcc 3 2666 April 20, 2010 at 2:07 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  Pet Hate dagda 31 13353 July 12, 2009 at 5:09 pm
Last Post: bozo