Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:14 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
feeling normal
feeling normal
I am an atheist from Pakistan. You cannot tell anyone there that you are an atheist. You cannot even criticize Islam. So I keep my mouth shut on religion. It makes me feel abnormal. But i do so to be safe in my country. So i am glad i joined this forum where i can share my views on religion and interact with like minded people. At last I am feeling normal.
Hail Apostasy!
RE: feeling normal
I hope you feel comfortable in your skin.  But atheism is hardly the majority here in the U.S., it's a constitutionally protected viewpoint.  But it is still a minority opinion. 

Welcome

And I hope you find the community here your are looking for.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
Welcome! We always love to have people from your part of the world. You bring a wonderful perspective.

Please be careful, though. It can be dangerous. Please use a proxy or VPN to hide your activity from those who would do you harm for simply speaking your mind.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
And clear your history. 

Welcome.
(July 19, 2015 at 10:02 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: Welcome! We always love to have people from your part of the world. You bring a wonderful perspective.

Please be careful, though. It can be dangerous. Please use a proxy or VPN to hide your activity from those who would do you harm for simply speaking your mind.

i will follow your instructions.
Hail Apostasy!
What SteelCurtain said. Hotspot Shield offers free USA IP's I think if you can stand a bit of advertising on your webpages. Welcome Smile
(July 19, 2015 at 10:05 pm)Minimalist Wrote: And clear your history. 

Welcome.

surely

(July 19, 2015 at 10:01 pm)Jenny A Wrote: I hope you feel comfortable in your skin.  But atheism is hardly the majority here in the U.S., it's a constitutionally protected viewpoint.  But it is still a minority opinion. 

Welcome

And I hope you find the community here your are looking for.

i know it isn't as acceptable as christianity over there socially unlike western Europe. but still you got freedom.of association and speech etc...on atheism

(July 19, 2015 at 10:08 pm)Metis Wrote: What SteelCurtain said. Hotspot Shield offers free USA IP's I think if you can stand a bit of advertising on your webpages. Welcome Smile

will do so with pleasure
Hail Apostasy!
Welcome Driver Smile Glad to have you here. Stay safe.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
(July 19, 2015 at 10:22 pm)Exian Wrote: Welcome Driver Smile Glad to have you here. Stay safe.

thanks for your welcome and concern.
Hail Apostasy!
(July 19, 2015 at 10:09 pm)driver82 Wrote: i know it isn't as acceptable as christianity over there socially unlike western Europe. but still you got freedom.of association

Indeed we do.  And I am openly atheist without fear.  But it still isn't a popular position by any means. 

There is one group of people I do not tell:  my husband's family.  He is deist and they would be very hurt by that let alone my atheism.  I leave the choice of what to tell them to him because they are his.

I also am careful of what I say to people buying from me.  I am an artist and in some ways people buy the artist not just the art. So I am quiet with customers, though if asked, I'd tell the truth.  

But none of that compares in scale with being an atheist in a country where it is a crime.  My heart goes out to you.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  feeling depressed after becoming atheist finalyawake 46 21145 July 14, 2012 at 7:13 am
Last Post: Ace Otana