Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To Whosoever Should Feel Concerned:
To Whosoever Should Feel Concerned:
I am obviously a new user here, perhaps for a while, perhaps not. As my name states I am another Arrogant Christian, but I am not here to try to preach or throw bibles at the members here. I am here rather to simply find some intelligent minds that happen to be atheist, on some level, to have discussions. Some of these discussions may be theologically charged, some may be scientifically charged; I'll say now more likely the latter, since that is where my training belies. About me: I received an education in biochemistry, biological science, and some medicine with a focus on liberal arts and humanities. Unfortunately, I seem to have been raised in a place where critical thinking is almost entirely absent. Even the atheists I have known from there did not actually have any real reason for conversion besides things like: "Well gawd's against drinkin' so I'm against him," or "I like sleepin' in on Sunday's." Hopefully, someone here feels some sympathy for me. Additionally, I say conversion since almost all were originally Christian in this bible belt community, and I have really only known one 2nd generation athiest (although only weakly agnostic) and he is a good friend of mine. Anyway, looking forward to some good conversations in the future. Thanks  in advance to anyone who actually reads these things!
RE: To Whosoever Should Feel Concerned:
Welcome to AF Arrogant Christian.
Quote:but I am not here to try to preach or throw bibles at the members here.

Then you aren't really "arrogant."  Wait till you see some of the winners we have running here with holy books.

In the meanwhile, welcome.  You seem interesting.
Welcome to the home of logic, you science loving Christian heathen! hehe
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Welcome aboard Smile

I agree with Min, from what you say you're the opposite of arrogant. Preaching is what we get most of here, and is the least productive mode of "conversation". I'm glad to hear you're not into that!

I look forward to discussions with you. Jump on in!
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Hi, Chris! (even if that's not your name) Hi welcome to AF

Here's some welcome waffles c:
[Image: apple-raisin-waffles-4.jpg]
Welcome

I really hope you are not a sock or troll because you seem really interesting. And I am really interested in knowing how you can juggle both the genesis and evolution together with your educational background.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

(July 23, 2015 at 2:27 am)Minimalist Wrote: In the meanwhile, welcome.  You seem interesting.

If he/she is for real. Story and alias seem a bit Poeish.

So, a cautious welcome on my part.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(July 23, 2015 at 5:11 am)abaris Wrote:
(July 23, 2015 at 2:27 am)Minimalist Wrote: In the meanwhile, welcome.  You seem interesting.

If he/she is for real. Story and alias seem a bit Poeish.

So, a cautious welcome on my part.

I reserve the right to withdraw my waffles if he turns out to be a poe.

No waffles for trollsies >:c
I can dig it. Welcome Arrogant Christian!

I hope you're real. It'll be interesting to hear what a Christian Biochemist thinks about homosexuality and evolution. Smile
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Whelp, make me feel good people breadbasketbomb 56 5519 April 19, 2016 at 8:13 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Feel the same? Fisher92 12 2504 January 13, 2015 at 9:27 pm
Last Post: Regina
  Introduction:Because Everyone is doing it and I feel peer pressured Bipolar Bob 21 6238 November 10, 2013 at 2:33 am
Last Post: rexbeccarox
  Hello!!!! Finally a place I can feel at home! mohnjorrow 21 4191 January 24, 2013 at 3:46 am
Last Post: Metallica