Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 2:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who are you and why should I care???
Who are you and why should I care???
That's a futurama quote if you didn't know. By no means am I being insulting...ish.

But since you're here you can answer something for me.

I seem to have an interested to learn about other people. I don't know why maybe it's to reflect on myself.

If you dont mind (I'm not a stalker we're on union strike) tell me a little bit about yourself. Like hobbies and where you work etc.

I'm just curious.
RE: Who are you and why should I care???
I think people should probably do this in an individual thread.
(August 27, 2008 at 6:44 am)Brick-top Wrote: That's a futurama quote if you didn't know. By no means am I being insulting...ish.

I seem to have an interested to learn about other people. I don't know why maybe it's to reflect on myself.

If you dont mind (I'm not a stalker we're on union strike) tell me a little bit about yourself. Like hobbies and where you work etc.

I'm just curious.

ok, Well hobbies - I'm getting involved with hang gliding. I'm taking part in flight training and aim to get my pilots licence.

I came across a quote which I found whilst talking with fellow aviators. -No guts No glory!

I love aviation.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
(August 27, 2008 at 6:47 am)Ace Wrote:
(August 27, 2008 at 6:44 am)Brick-top Wrote: That's a futurama quote if you didn't know. By no means am I being insulting...ish.

I'm just curious.

ok, Well hobbies - I'm getting involved with hang gliding. I'm taking part in flight training and aim to get my pilots licence.

I came across a quote which I found whilst talking with fellow aviators. -No guts No glory!

I love aviation.

I take it it's light aircraft?

I heard a quote on a comedy show about flying:

"That's the first cloud I've seen with a ski lift on it"
(August 27, 2008 at 6:51 am)Brick-top Wrote: I take it it's light aircraft?

I heard a quote on a comedy show about flying:

"That's the first cloud I've seen with a ski lift on it"

Here's one joke for ya - I was flying as pre-usual(Duh!) and I noticed a seagull fly past me, So I thought to myself "Wow a jet powered seagull" but when I looked at my airspeed I noticed I was about to stall! And before I could say S**T! I hit the ground. Then when the reporter arrived at the sceen he asked the farmer who was the first person as the sceen of the accident? The farmer replied "The pilot" then the reporter said "Ok who was the second person at the sceen? The farmer replied "The passenger".

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
(August 27, 2008 at 6:59 am)Ace Wrote: Here's one joke for ya - I was flying as pre-usual(Duh!) and I noticed a seagull fly past me, So I thought to myself "Wow a jet powered seagull" but when I looked at my airspeed I noticed I was about to stall! And before I could say S**T! I hit the ground. Then when the reporter arrived at the sceen he asked the farmer who was the first person as the sceen of the accident? The farmer replied "The pilot" then the reporter said "Ok who was the second person at the sceen? The farmer replied "The passenger".

I take it the bird was very happy with himself.
(August 27, 2008 at 7:09 am)Brick-top Wrote:
(August 27, 2008 at 6:59 am)Ace Wrote: Here's one joke for ya - I was flying as pre-usual(Duh!) and I noticed a seagull fly past me, So I thought to myself "Wow a jet powered seagull" but when I looked at my airspeed I noticed I was about to stall! And before I could say S**T! I hit the ground. Then when the reporter arrived at the sceen he asked the farmer who was the first person as the sceen of the accident? The farmer replied "The pilot" then the reporter said "Ok who was the second person at the sceen? The farmer replied "The passenger".

I take it the bird was very happy with himself.

Well the bird lit a fag and gave me an evil smile. I'm gonna get that little S**T!

You should have a go at hang gliding. That's if you don't mind jumping of cliff tops.

(August 27, 2008 at 7:13 am)Ace Wrote: I take it the bird was very happy with himself.

Well the bird lit a fag and gave me an evil smile. I'm gonna get that little S**T!

You should have a go at hang gliding. That's if you don't mind jumping of cliff tops.
[/quote]

Rollercoasters suit me fine because they're dead cheap and I don't have to do anything.
(August 27, 2008 at 8:06 am)Brick-top Wrote: Rollercoasters suit me fine because they're dead cheap and I don't have to do anything.

Well hang gliding is the cheapest way to fly but paying for the equipment is expensive.

You would need to be physically fit to fly a hang glider. it's not about strength, mainly endurance. Throwing your body weight forward, back, left and right would wear you out in no time if you weren't physically fit.

But ya, Hang Gliding is thee cheapest way to fly. I don't like roller coasters mainly because I can't control it.

(August 27, 2008 at 8:13 am)Ace Wrote: Well hang gliding is the cheapest way to fly but paying for the equipment is expensive.

You would need to be physically fit to fly a hang glider. it's not about strength, mainly endurance. Throwing your body weight forward, back, left and right would wear you out in no time if you weren't physically fit.

But ya, Hang Gliding is thee cheapest way to fly. I don't like roller coasters mainly because I can't control it.

The cheapest way to fly is to jump of a cliff and you can classify the 4 seconds between being in the air and hitting the ground flying.

Also, I smoke, drink and eat junk food and I'm huge so I'm not the best candidate. And you can control rollercoasters. You can dictate what part of the body you're going to slam into the ground when the two plastic clips and the strap give way and you get launched into the air.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello, and what should I do? RayOfLight 17 2820 October 8, 2017 at 11:53 am
Last Post: JP Bradt